Breastfeeding

Prenatal vitamin - cause for concern?

Hey ladies - have any of you found that your LO reacts negatively to your prenatal vitamin? Specifically a vitamin with iron? We think LO has some major food sensitivities, and we trying to eliminate the most common allergens, he's still having issues. Mainly these issues are stool related - and the doctor has confirmed that it looks like a sensitivity to something in my diet. No matter what I do/cut his stool ALWAYS ends up green and mucousy by the end of the day. He's doing much better after cutting Dairy, Soy, and Peanuts (I have very limited amounts of wheat, corn, chocolate, and egg) with skin issues and overall demeanor as well as weight gain. I was reading a bit about soy being in vitamins. Just looking to hear about personal experience. Thank you!

Re: Prenatal vitamin - cause for concern?

• I found out that there was soy in my prenatal vitamins, so I had the dr. Write a script for a new one. That seems to help, because he would react prior to me switching.
  • Thanks for the response! Do you happen to know the name of the ones you were prescribed?
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm still new to this, but I though that was a sign of oversupply or virus... Have you talked to an lc about this?
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Yes - it was actually the LC who initially suspected an allergy and not oversupply/virus/imbalance (which I thought it was an imbalance issue). Green stool with mucous and blood is typically a sign of allergy/sensitivity while green frothy stool is oversupply/imbalance. There are a lot of other symptoms going on as well. But it looks like the Gripe Water I was giving on a regular basis was actually irritating his stomach a lot as well! Thanks for helping though!
  • Pnv select is the one I use now. The pharmacist said it doesn't contain soy and I checked for dairy as well.
  • We had that same issue with grip water. Dd would get worse when I gave it to her. It didn't take but a couple times before going back to milacon. I also had a issue with my pre nats containing soy. Its so difficult figuring it all out. Good luck
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • Thank you! It's so incredibly difficult to keep it all straight! And even though I ate allergen free foods for Thanksgiving, something still upset LO's stomach :(
  • I take Rainbow Light Prenatal One (just 1 tablet a day). It is soy free and vegan. A bottle of 150 tablets is about $18 on Amazon, so it's also a great deal. I had a friend who was a high risk pregnancy and she said her OB recommended them to all their patients.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"