October 2013 Moms

Back to work Monday -sob

Ugh so Monday I will be heading back to work. Fortunately my ILs will be watching Amelia which is wonderful of them. Unfortunately, it means DH and I will be driving an hour and a half before and after work to do her off and collect her. We work at the same building so he will drop me off, take A to his parents, then come back to work, then I will do the reverse in the evenings.

I am dreading not only being away from A but also the driving each day. She will be in the car for at least 2 hours each day, and we won't get home until at least 7:45pm, and she gets ready for bed at 8:30.

I know we have to be thankful I'm just gutted I can't be a SAHM ( and I know many others wish the same too). My two closest friends just had babies and are both staying home. Gah, jealous!!

Re: Back to work Monday -sob

• alylove11alylove11 member
    edited November 2013
    I'm sorry! It is super hard, but try to stay busy at work. That has helped me tremendously. I don't think about LO all day and what she is doing. I do call after I pump to see how much she ate, how's she doing, etc. I also cherish the time more now that I have with her since I went back to work last Monday. (Not saying SAHM's don't cherish the time they have with their LO's).

Edit: wording

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In the same boat here, but luckily my mom and mil and sister will be babysitting at our house most of Dec, and then we have an awesome nanny starting in Jan.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Welcome Daniel! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • I am dreading going back to work next Monday. My in laws are coming to our house to care for them while we work from home. I need to master babywearing before then so I can still get baby snuggles with one of them while I work. We are very fortunate to be near them all day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"