April 2014 Moms

STM+ Reviews?

Has anyone used one of these? I am in love with the concept but it gets mixed reviews. Did your baby fall asleep in it?
happily married since 2009, SAHM
diagnosed with unexplained infertility, regular cycles
Baby #1: ttc naturally for 3 years, 6 yr old daughter
Baby #2: ttc naturally for 2 years, 2 yr old son
Baby #3: ttc naturally since August 2016

Re: STM+ Reviews?

• Totally depends on the baby. I opted out based on the price and questionable odds of success.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Yeah this things are always risky because you never know. My philosophy is try something cheaper first and spring for that if you think you need it once baby is here.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I borrowed one from a mom that swore by it. My daughter didn't really care for it. Like others said you just never know.
    Hannah 7/7/12
    Baby girl #2 coming April 2014!
  • ksulli said:
    Totally depends on the baby. I opted out based on the price and questionable odds of success.
    This. I've talked to people with rav reviews and people who were totally disappointed. It comes down to the individual baby. For me, it's way overpriced to the point of silliness. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• agree with the other ladies.  we never owned one, but i have a friend who used and liked it.  i don't think it was a lifesaver for her by any means... just another gadget to use at times.  for the price, i wouldn't bother unless i had tried it at someone's house and my baby LOVED it (and wasn't sleeping elsewhere)

when your baby won't sleep, you'll try/pay anything :)
  • We do not have a Mamaroo but I have many friends who do...more of their babies disliked it than loved it. Of course every baby is different, but the Mamaroo doesn't swing very fast -- it is super gentle. You would think this would be preferable, but a lot of babies (mine included) prefer more forceful movement. I remember getting our Fisher Price swing, putting it on the highest setting, and thinking "SHIT THIS THING GOES FAST - who in the world puts it on this setting with a baby in there?"

Of course that was DD's favorite setting.

Long story short: I'd spend less money on the swing. There are plenty of good ones that plug in, have music, etc that don't cost $200.
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Is this a glorified bouncy chair? Whatever it is, it's $200 which renders it completely unnecessary in my book! lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My daughter wasn't wowed by her first swing, so I decided to get the Mamaroo.  (I had enough store credit to cover most of it) She enjoyed the Mamaroo but didn't sleep in it.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My husband had a blast playing with the demo at BRU, but there is no way we would ever spend $200+ on something like that!
  • My kid was totally uninterested in his swing- all he wanted to do was hang out in his carrier. I wouldn't spend 200$ on something there's a chance the baby won't even use. I would get a cheaper swing and see if that did the trick first. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"