Babies: 9 - 12 Months

this is probably stupid but need advice

My DD is 9 months and I have only left her with someone a couple of times for a date night.. She goes to work with me because I'm a nanny. She has always preferred me over everyone until recently. We live with my in laws and my mil always sees her. Well now she screams when I take her away from her or when she's eating and sees her she refuses food until she comes to pick her up. She doesn't even want to look at me while she is around. I love that she loves her grandma but this is really getting to me. Do you think my DD just needs a break from me? Has this happened to anyone else?

Re: this is probably stupid but need advice

• My DD will be 9 months in 3 days. My dad lives with us (he lives downstairs) and DD sees him all the time. She does the same exact thing as your daughter. I could have written it verbatim. At first I was a little hurt but I am okay with it now. I think she sees me enough and I feel that we have a strong bond so I try to not get hurt when she cries when I grab her from him or stops eating and wants to go to him when she sees him. It's hard though I totally get it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"