August 2011 Moms
Options

Thanksgiving poll

1.) do you host? If not, where do you go?

2.) what do you cook?

3.) favorite dish? (Recipe if you can?)

4.) relative that drives you the most crazy and why?

5.) what are you looking most forward to?

6.) did you put up a Christmas tree before or after Tgiving this year?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thanksgiving poll

• Options
    1.) do you host? If not, where do you go? We always eat with my parents, sometimes with my ILs, too.  Depends on my ILs plans (sometimes they go eat with FIL's sister). 

2.) what do you cook? I don't!  I always offer to bring something and the moms tell me not to.  I usually try to show up with some kind of dessert :)  Last year I made a pumpkin dump cake (courtesy of, I believe, Mrs. Case).

3.) favorite dish? (Recipe if you can?) I love my mom's stuffing.  She makes it from scratch and it goes in the bird. 

4.) relative that drives you the most crazy and why? From DH's side, my SIL.  She's so unreliable, showing up late, cancelling last minute, etc.  It's super annoying.  On my side, my cousin.  She's awful, and (I hate saying this) her kid is awful. I'm glad they're going somewhere else this year.

5.) what are you looking most forward to? Spending time with family!

6.) did you put up a Christmas tree before or after Tgiving this year?  We are going the Sunday after to cut one down, my parents and some siblings will also get their tree at the same time.  It's going to be a really fun weekend of family fun!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I have hosted, but I am not this year.  I just had a baby, give me a break!! ;P
    This year we're going to Thanksgiving at my IL's house.  The other option was my aunt's house in SoCal, but the drive and staying in her hotel just doesn't appeal to me at this point in the newborn game.
    2.) what do you cook? 
    I cook everything.  I like to do it all.  I really am crazy for liking this kind of thing.

My favorite dish at Thanksgiving is surprisingly my MIL's cranberry sauce.  If I had the recipe I'd totally share.  I just haven't asked her for it because we only eat it twice per year, and she's always there, so no need for me to ask for it -- she makes it.
    They're not related, but ALL of my cousin's SOs drive me fucking bananas!!  My one cousin is on her 3rd one that drives me insane.  Although, he's the least offensive of the guys she's brought home, so that's a plus.  
    Seeing my BIL, SIL and nephews who live in Oregon.  Haven't seen them since August.
    We buy and put up our tree the day after Thanksgiving.  So, after.

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ladybugpjbladybugpjb member
    edited November 2013

1.) do you host? If not, where do you go? Back home, we went to my aunt or uncle's house. We are going to Disneyland this year.

2.) what do you cook? I used to cook everything but the turkey, so green bean casserole, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes

3.) favorite dish? (Recipe if you can?) To cook? I make pumpkin pie with fresh pumpkin, so I'm always proud of that. To eat? stuffing or sweet potatoes

4.) relative that drives you the most crazy and why? brother, but we haven't been together for Thanksgiving in years. We always end up arguing.

5.) what are you looking most forward to? riding Disneyland rides with DS.

6.) did you put up a Christmas tree before or after Tgiving this year? If I have time, I will put up the tree before we leave so it will be ready to decorate when we get home.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

We stay home :)

2.) what do you cook?

You know everything lol. Turkey all the way to Pumpkin Cheesecake

My turkey because it's rotisserie style! Always super juicy.

No worries since we are home lol

Spending time with my DH and lil bear

Always in Dec by DHs birthday tradition

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @melissa0726 how was my dump cake? i am in the mood for a peach one!!

@kimbus22 what is a snowberry pie? the Internets are no help! Sounds intriguing!
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"