January 2014 Moms

Can't catch a break!

My due date isn't until January 28th and idk how much longer I can take it. The baby is too heavy on my hip and every time I walk now my right hip pops out. I work as a dog groomer and can't be falling at work when holding dogs and my midwife said there isn't anything I can do. To make matters worse my husband works all day today and we are supposed to be moving my body must not have gotten the memo because these Braxton hicks are getting worse. I can't do much feeling like this and I'm not sure how to get everything done. Any advice?

Re: Can't catch a break!

• If you are falling that could be a serious risk to you and LO. My MFM doctor has me using a walker to prevent the risk of falling.
    edited November 2013
    Unfortunately even if mine did I can't carry dogs to do my job with one and I have to work until I'm due for maternity leave so idk what to do
  • Loading the player...
  • When you say your hip pops out, what do you mean exactly?  

As far as BH, make sure you very well hydrated -I do at LEAST 70ml of water or gatorade a day, ideally more- to keep the BH at bay.

I understand the financial stress not working this early, but ultimately (I would think) that safety and well.being are more important.

imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• If your midwife understood you were falling, she'd echo @chuggingwater's sentiment.  My doctor said falling was NOT an option and so a walker for now and if at any point in time that isn't enough, a wheelchair.  

I will also be going out on disability to proactively prevent any potential accidents (doing this next week) as the weight I'm bearing increases.  This is an option for me through work but even if it wasn't, I wouldn't be continuing as normal with LO's life at risk.  If you are disabled by your hip issue (and if it is really popping out, you are) you need to talk to them about modifications to allow you to work safely at the very least.  

Married 3/5/11
    BFP: 6/19/12, D&C 8/23/12
    BFP: 5/17/13, Born 12/16/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
    January Siggy Challenge: When I am done breastfeeding...

• @Megadoo89 I think the other posters have hit the nail on the head. What you're experiencing right now could be a health and safety risk to you both. Perhaps you should consider discussing your current state of health with your doctor to determine if you need to be put on some type of work exemption for the time being - there's no amount of money in the world that is worth the life or well-being of your child.
    Baby Boy #2
    Due Date 11/10/16
  • Maybe a chiropractor could help you with the hip pain/popping. I haven't tried it, but I know several women who swear by it.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Unfortunately, there's not going to be some magic wand that anyone can wave to make things better for you. ChuggingWater gave the best advice. I can't say more than that.
  • I agree with the PPs, your health and safety are more important. I would talk to your doctor, because falling is not an option. 
     ***********************************************************************************************
      blogbutton badge!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Sorry you are in such a stressful situation! I hop you can find a solution that works for your health and finances. Hugs!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think trying to see if you can get to the Chiro is a good idea. It could help a ton
    imagebaby development

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"