VBAC

Successful vbac with OP baby?

So LO has been in the perfect position up until today when at my 39 week appt it was discovered she's OP....which means the dreaded back labor and long labor. Has anyone had their baby turn from OP to ROA (that's the good position right?) before labor or during labor? Anyone had a successful vbac with an OP baby? I'm working hard on practicing positioning techniques these last few days/weeks!
Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!

Re: Successful vbac with OP baby?

• DS turned during labor. And my laborw as to particular hard and it was incredibly short,
  • Thanks , crossing my fingers!
  • Loading the player...
  • I actually had the same thing happen.  After being OA for all of my pregnancy (well all of it that you can feel the baby's position), I went to my 39 week appointment and my doctor said the baby was OP.  I freaked out, because OP position is what led to my c/s.  I went home, walked around a lot, spent some time on my hands and knees and went to bed convinced I wasn't getting my VBAC.

Well, I went into labor that night.  I did have back labor, but it wasn't as bad as it was with my first. And my labor was very fast--only 2 hours of first stage, then a few more hours of pushing. At some point, either before or during labor, my baby turned back to OA, because I got my VBAC and he came out facing the right way.  So don't despair!  Remember that 95% of OP babies will turn on their own before birth.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks, that gives me hope.  Yes it did kinda get me down because with my first i had HORRIBLE back labor for HOURS , so i was like OH NOOOO when she told me this last week.  I've been on hands and knees now every night, sitting on birthing ball, and doing some other stuff.  Thanks ladies for giving me hope!  Turn , baby, turn! ;)
  • RootBeer29RootBeer29 member
    edited November 2013
    I had an OP baby that didn't turn.  I had a VBAC with her in April.  I did get an epidural but my entire labor was 6 hours, so it didn't slow anything down for me, although I did push for about an hour and that was rough.  I tore A LOT, but that was the worst of it for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"