September 2013 Moms

Talk to me about domperidone

What was your experience using it? How much did it increase your supply? Side effects? 
What was the cost and where did you order it from?

I'm thinking of trying this as a last ditch effort before giving up on BF. DH is side eyeing the idea since it's not approved by the FDA. Any feedback would be appreciated! TIA. 

Re: Talk to me about domperidone

• @brennadaun That is awesome! I'm getting about 1/2 an ounce each nursing session as well. I didn't realize you can get a prescription for it! I thought I would have to purchase it online. I'm going to call the doc office and see if she can call it in for me. Thanks for sharing!
  • Just curious if any one having supply issues are wearing bras with underwire? My LC said the wire can affect your milk supply.

• Loading the player...
  • I just started taking it a week ago and I have noticed a difference.  Last night I pumped 5 oz and I usually pumped .5 to 1oz before taking it.  I mostly breastfeed but am having to pump to supplement right now.  I got it from a pharmacy that is willing to fill it.

I would do some research - there is MUCH more evidence on domperidone than reglan or other options out there.  The fact that it is not FDA approved is mostly political.  It is used in many other countries.  Here is more info: https://www.breastfeedinginc.ca/content.php?pagename=doc-DGS

• auroraloo said:

I use it and it's the only reason I am still breastfeeding. I can't take regal for other reasons. I live with a drug prosecutor and he assures me it's legal to order. I got mine from inhousepharmacy.biz. I only wish I had done it with DS too

Which brand did you order from their site?
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"