Cloth Diapering

talk me out ofbuying flips...

Daddy is still sleeping so the baby and I are surfing the Web at the hotel. Thankfully the Internet isn't the best and cottonbabies is busy, helping to delay impulse buying.

That being said, our first road trip which will be slightly less than 48 hours and I will need to start washing diapers when I get home if one want to air dry. I learned how much room pockets take up.In a suitcase.

So I need more diapers, especially those that are travel friendly right? Oh and she is only.5 weeks so I would have plenty of time to use them.
Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Re: talk me out ofbuying flips...

• I would go with Best Bottoms over Flips. I just don't like flips covers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • TJ1979 said:
    Best bottoms are awesome for travel! And they are great dipes. And they have adorable prints and fun color combos! BBs are my travel dipes. And ON dipes.
    Do you use the inserts at home or do you use prefolds with them?
  • CLLDLLCLLDLL member
    edited November 2013
    I mostly use prefolds under my BBs at home. They work great over small GMDs at the 3rd smallest rise setting and med GMDS at the largest rise. I only had 4 inserts and wanted to save them for travel/the diaper bag. I bought more inserts during the sales, so that might change though!

ETA: Fixed the prefolds sizes/rise settings.  I was tired when I typed this!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• @clldll we use the inserts at home. Mh refuses to try prefolds. Plus the doubler with a cotton hemp insert overnight is bullet proof. We use Freetimes for DC, so it's only the nights and weekends. I think I have a dozen inserts.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • TJ1979 said:
    @clldll we use the inserts at home. Mh refuses to try prefolds. Plus the doubler with a cotton hemp insert overnight is bullet proof. We use Freetimes for DC, so it's only the nights and weekends. I think I have a dozen inserts.
    I'm glad to hear the cotton/hemp with doubler is bullet proof. I bought one of each to try ON.  I like our EcoPosh fitteds, but I'm starting to battle ammonia in them.  I'm not sure if it's just because he's getting bigger & I need to start rinsing or what.  But I think the BB inserts might be easier to keep ammonia free, so I hope they work!

image imageimageimage

• DItto to the Flips love. Pad folded flats at home, bamboo flats or organic inserts for naptime, disposable inserts for travel. Which reminds me, I need to get some disposable inserts for holiday travel. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't love my Flips. I find the inserts move around way too much in them, way more than with pockets. In fact we only used them a few times before we decided we didn't really like them, and now we use them as covers over fitteds overnight. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• frasey said:

I don't love my Flips. I find the inserts move around way too much in them, way more than with pockets. In fact we only used them a few times before we decided we didn't really like them, and now we use them as covers over fitteds overnight. 

This is why I like Best Bottoms. The inserts snap into place.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • I like my Flips, but I hate the covers using anything but their inserts. I'd love to try a Best Bottom, but my child I believe is too chunky.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I like my Flips, but I hate the covers using anything but their inserts. I'd love to try a Best Bottom, but my child I believe is too chunky.
    My kid is fairly chunky and the BB actually fit him nicely.
    Inmteresting. I love a few of the prints. Also, I love a few of the RaR prints, but can't commit to those due to sizing.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Well, that gives me some hope. Cuz right now we think Cade will be about 30lbs at his first birthday. He's not super chunky though, just long and solid.
  • We keep trying to see when Cade will surpass Rosie. She's only 32lbs and 37 inches tall.
  • I caved and ordered them. Maybe I'll order bb the next time I go on a shopping binge.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• TJ1979 said:

@clldll we use the inserts at home. Mh refuses to try prefolds. Plus the doubler with a cotton hemp insert overnight is bullet proof. We use Freetimes for DC, so it's only the nights and weekends. I think I have a dozen inserts.

You're going to make me test this out.
    So you're saying that instead of a huge ass fitted and wool and making my L walk around looking like she's just ridden horseback across America, I could use one measly insert and a doubler? How is this possible? They're sized right? Do you size up? Do they give enough coverage for side and belly sleepers?
    We use flip covers with a bamboo prefold, doubler, and fleece liner. I don't think the flip insert and doubler would be enough for DS overnight.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• TJ1979 said:

So you're saying that instead of a huge ass fitted and wool and making my L walk around looking like she's just ridden horseback across America, I could use one measly insert and a doubler? How is this possible? They're sized right? Do you size up? Do they give enough coverage for side and belly sleepers?
    It's always worked for E and I'm shocked sometimes by how heavy it is in the morning, but it has never leaked. Although she's only 16 months, so I don't know if it'll work for an older babe.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • TJ1979 said:

We use flip covers with a bamboo prefold, doubler, and fleece liner. I don't think the flip insert and doubler would be enough for DS overnight.
    Oh, sorry, she was talking about best bottoms.
    Oops! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Late to this game, but I am planning to get another 2-3 flip covers.  They're currently my fav!  Now to decide where to get them....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"