January 2014 Moms

Breathless

Since I've gotten. Pregnant I will find myself breathless. Even just sitting down doing nothing causes my heart rate to go high. I've been up to 123 at one point. Has anyone felt like this? And what has your doctor done? My doctor is aware and has told me if it happens 3 times in a day hell do some testing.

Re: Breathless

• I have had this some and I took some mucinex to relieve some pressure and loosen things up.
    I don't know if you are congested at all so that might not help. Sorry I can't help more but I hope you feel better soon!
    Married 3/5/11
    BFP: 6/19/12, D&C 8/23/12
    BFP: 5/17/13, Born 12/16/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
    January Siggy Challenge: When I am done breastfeeding...

• jwp325jwp325 member
    edited November 2013
    I work on the third floor and climbing the stairs when I pick up my students in morning leaves me completely breathless. I feel like I've run two miles! It's much easier when I don't have to go up all the stairs at once. Doctor said it could be where the baby is sitting that makes it harder to breathe.
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • My pulse generally runs fairly high for whatever reason. (Anxiety, maybe?) My doctor has never been concerned, but it doesn't usually go above 105.
  • I am breathless a lot, especially at work where I tour clients around and up and down stairs multiple times a day, but I wouldn't say this corresponds with me having a high pulse rate, I just can't catch my breath often. 
    imageimage

• I am often out of breath, especially when going up the stairs.

• I went to L&D because it was getting worse and worse feeling like I could never take a full good breath even while resting and my heart was ravings They told me it is a pregnancy symptom called "Air Hunger" and while our bodies prepare for labor everything softens so that we'll be able to spread wide and get baby out basically ... But they explained it that also our diaphragm or the ligaments and such around the diaphragm also soften and make it harder to take good breaths ... They said to raise your arms above your head and take as deep of breaths as you can. It has helped me so far !!!
  • This happens to me a lot and have been told it is completely normal.  Getting ready in the mornings puts my pulse up to 120.  Just adjusting myself on the couch will leave me out of breath when baby is positioned just right!  It's because of what @carisue143 said!  It is worse when I'm congested (which is all the time lately) so I do what @megs12914 said!
  • This is a big problem for me too! I seem to forget that I can't do things like I used to... I ran up the stairs to get something and about halfway up I felt like I was going to die! Even just walking too fast takes my breath away, especially if the little guy is positioned just right.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"