December 2013 Moms

Update (TMI warning)

RI8340361RI8340361 member
edited November 2013 in December 2013 Moms
Hi all,

Last time I checked in LO was in the 9th percentile for growth (at 34 weeks).  My last growth scan was at 37 weeks which showed that LO had grown and was in the 16th percentile, so still small but we were just happy for some good news.  One of my twice-weekly NSTs fell on Thanksgiving and it was supposed to be a quick appointment but the baby's heart rate fell, and as I was turning over to see if that would help I felt a gush of fluid.

I really thought my water broke but it was bright red blood.  The doctor wasn't able to tell what caused it so after 7 hours of monitoring I was sent home since LO was doing ok during contractions other than the one decel (and bounced back from it beautifully).  I was told to expect spotting and to go back to L&D if I had any more bright red blood.  

ETA: After the bleed I was only an elf's fingertip dilated, which was no change since the previous cervical check.  I know those aren't very good indicators of anything, but it still feels important to add.  

***TMI time

This morning I passed a pretty sizeable clot and called L&D to make sure I didn't need to worry about it.  A little while later I passed some mucus with a tiny bit of bright blood which I am not worried about since it was a small amount.  Has anyone else experienced this so close to their delivery date?  I am 38 weeks 2 days and am not sure if I started to pass the plug or if that was just from the bleed.   
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: Update (TMI warning)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"