Cloth Diapering

How many is too many?

Not diapers, of course. I know you can never have too many diapers. But how many different types/brands do you all have in your stashes?

I currently have (or will have once Black Friday fluff arrives) Charlie Bananas, BG 4.0s, free times, an elemental, tot bots, grovia AIO, TTs, and some gdiapers (that I'd like to sell off). So basically I have pockets, AIOs, and fitteds, but many of those have slightly different closures. That doesn't bother me,
but it drives DH a little nuts (and I kind of wonder how daycare will feel about it).

I'm curious because I'm toying with buying some BBs. After seeing all the love they get on here and the seconds sale going on, it seems like I need to try them out.

So, can I add some to my stash or do I need to chill out?

Re: How many is too many?

• I'm new to cd (going strong for about a week and a half now woohoo!) :) but I like the bb'd and I say go for it. You could just get one or two covers and see how you like them first. But they are so darn cute!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Try 'em out! If you don't like them you can sell them off. I have a fairly big variety of brands. I don't see a problem with that, but I understand where it could be a pain for other caregivers. Just an excuse to buy more of a specific brand to send to daycare.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • I have so many styles and brands it aint funny. Have at it.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If you are asking the board, the answer is almost you should place an order.You
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• MamatolilbeeMamatolilbee member
    edited November 2013
    As far as daycare I only send one type so I don't confuse them. Charlie banana's were the first OS that fit M so those are the daycare dipes.

I agree get some BB's to try out! I would love to get more prefolds and covers but we can't send those to daycare so I am sticking with pockets and AIOs.

imageimageimage

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• That's the unanimous "yes" I was looking for. I figure they'll be good diapers for the diaper bag. I said after my Black Friday binge I was putting myself on timeout for a bit. Timeout will start after this purchase...probably.
  • Unless your getting Simplex get a few more Hemp or Bamboo inserts as well. The pockets are bulky if you use the inserts they come with.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Unless your getting Simplex get a few more Hemp or Bamboo inserts as well. The pockets are bulky if you use the inserts they come with.

Added to my list. This still all counts as one purchase after all. I use you all as my expert opinions when I need to justify more purchases to DH.

Also, for BB fans, would you suggest just starting with the stay dry inserts? I figured I'd order two covers and 6 inserts.

• I have all different kinds, and I agree that for someone who isn't like us it would be frustrating to have all different closures. Sometimes I get annoyed even going from a dipe with two snaps to one with hip snaps. I hate hip snaps, but if I use them exclusively for the day they don't bother me. KWIM?
    I say get more for you, then have some designated as sitter dipes. That's what we do and it works great.

I agree about hip snaps- not my favorite, plus I could see how those could confuse someone more than a two snap diaper. And that's what I figure, I wouldn't expect daycare to use the BBs, they'd be for me. I may try to buy a few more tot bots (aplix) and BGs and send those to daycare exclusively. I don't want to make it seem more complicated than it is. Sigh...turns out there's always an excuse to buy more!
  • BBs are easy enough tho. I thing BGs are pretty foolproof too. Tots bots has good aplix.

Agree. I picked tot bots because people seem to like their aplix, and BGs really are pretty simple. My sister was changing DS the other day and put him in a sposie. She claimed she couldn't figure out the snaps and I told her she was obviously lying because there wasn't much to figure out. She laughed and admitted she didn't even look at one. She's a little CD resistant right now but I'll break her eventually!
  • BBs are easy enough tho. I thing BGs are pretty foolproof too. Tots bots has good aplix.
    Agree. I picked tot bots because people seem to like their aplix, and BGs really are pretty simple. My sister was changing DS the other day and put him in a sposie. She claimed she couldn't figure out the snaps and I told her she was obviously lying because there wasn't much to figure out. She laughed and admitted she didn't even look at one. She's a little CD resistant right now but I'll break her eventually!
    This is my sister! Right now I'm allowing the sposies because she has some that will fit dd that her ds grew out of too fast but when she's done with those then i'm going to make her use cloth lol

January Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails:

imageimage
      imageimage
  • I don't understand the question.
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I don't understand the question.

I think she's just asking if too much of a variety is a PITA since they're all different and go on differently.
    I was being sarcastic ;) I don't understand how anyone can question buying more diapers.

image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I say get the bb's! I have sooo many different kinds, including some fitteds I made myself.  

it's funny, MH gets distressed with keeping all the closures straight in his head….but he figures it out.  He preferes aplix, but uses the snaps if/when he chooses a diaper with snaps. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mandmeesh said:

I say get the bb's! I have sooo many different kinds, including some fitteds I made myself.  

it's funny, MH gets distressed with keeping all the closures straight in his head….but he figures it out.  He preferes aplix, but uses the snaps if/when he chooses a diaper with snaps. 
    Yeah, I totally get how so many different closures could seem annoying or overwhelming, but it really only usually takes a second to figure out. He says his favorite right now are BGs so that could always just be my excuse to buy more. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"