Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Heavy periods, short cycles, now low bbts

This is our third month TTC. The first month temping... but I've been recording my cycles since April. My cycles are 25 days long with my period lasting 5-7 (usually 7). I've had heavy, painful periods my entire life... I've just gotten use to them. Now that I've started charting bbt, I've noticed it runs pretty low (96.8 average). I haven't been temping long enough to see ovulation yet, but it takes forever to get into my gyno and I'm thinking all of these combined need to be discussed. I'm I reading too much? Is it too early to call my gyno? I was screened for pcos and fibroids about two years ago, was told things were fine. I asked to have my thyroid looked at too, but for some reason that didn't happen. Would you recommend having those things looked at again? What else would you consider? Thanks in advance :)

Re: Heavy periods, short cycles, now low bbts

• Options
    KingLEDKingLED member
    edited November 2013
    This is our third month TTC. The first month temping... but I've been recording my cycles since April. My cycles are 25 days long with my period lasting 5-7 (usually 7). I've had heavy, painful periods my entire life... I've just gotten use to them. Now that I've started charting bbt, I've noticed it runs pretty low (96.8 average). I haven't been temping long enough to see ovulation yet, but it takes forever to get into my gyno and I'm thinking all of these combined need to be discussed. I'm I reading too much? Is it too early to call my gyno? I was screened for pcos and fibroids about two years ago, was told things were fine. I asked to have my thyroid looked at too, but for some reason that didn't happen. Would you recommend having those things looked at again? What else would you consider? Thanks in advance :)
    That sounds completely normal.  I don't get why you're freaking out and wanting to go to the doctor.  Also, 96.8 isn't low.  That's a pretty average BBT reading.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options

There is nothing in this that sounds abnormal. That is not a low temp. It's your basal body temp. It is lower than the normal body temp. Check out fertilityfriend.com and take the tutorials.

Your cycle length is not abnormal either. There is no reason to see a gyno at this point. Keep temping, charting and having sex. When you continue temping, then you can note if you have a short LP and if your chart shows O. It can take a healthy couple up to 12 months to get pregnant and until you get to that point there is no reason to think anything is wrong and to see a doctors care.

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I consistently get temps in the 96's when I am temping during the first part of my cycle. No reason to seek a dr. Its perfectly normal. Some women have shorter cycles, its all what is normal for you. Three months is really eeary on to be getting worked up. It can take even the healthiest couple up to a year to get pregnant. Continue charting, you'll probably start to notice your shift the more you chart and learn to read it. Nothing in your post stands out to me as a reason to get a dr involved. Good luck!
  • Options
    1. Cycles are conosidered 'normal' anywhere between 21-35 days. Mine has been 23-25 days a majority of cycles over the last year, nothing abnormal about that at all.

2. What do you think is abnormal about a period lasting 5-7 days and being heavy and painful? Again, this is my typical cycle, and likely half or more of the women here.

3. My pre-O temps range anywhere from 96.5-97.4, again, completely normal.

4. If you're charting and worried about temps and whether or not you're seeing ovulation on your chart, it would be helpful if you actually linked your chart for us to see.

5.. You've been screened and deemed fine, stop looking for problems where there are none and chill. out. already.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    TammyDoubleBTammyDoubleB member
    edited November 2013

Your cycle length and temps are totally normal. I wouldn't be concerned about that at all.

If you have doubled over, unbearable pain during your period like I had and based on the length of your periods, you could have endometriosis. The only way to diagnose that is by having laporascopic surgery though.

I wouldn't be concerned yet unless your pain is unbearable or unless you are not able to get pregnant after a year of actively TTC.

Edited to change word cycles to periods.

My Age - 41, DH's Age - 42

TTC #1 since November 2011
    Dx: Endometriosis, Stenosis of the Cervix, Uterine Polyp, Hostile CM and Borderline PCOS
    Stage 1 Endo and Uterine Polyp removed and Cervix widened on July 9, 2012.
    IUI #1 Clomid 50 mg - 3/6/13 BFN
    IUI #2 Clomid 50 mg - 4/3/13 BFN
    IUI #3 Clomid 50 mg - 10/4/13 BFN
    IUI #4 Clomid 100 mg + HCG trigger - 11/2/13 BFN
    Cycle #28 - Clomid 100 mg + HCG trigger + TI (IUI #5 cancelled) - 2/5/14 BFN
    IUI #5 Clomid 100 mg + HCG trigger - 3/5/14 BFN

• Options
    I got a 69.8 temp this morning. Since this is your first month temping, don't analyze every detail. It will drive you crazy.
    Bfp #1: 2/20/2014 Baby girl born on 11/3/2014
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    nov 2014 

• Options
    Well I see two things that MAY MAY be off.
    1. Period pain-have you ever gone on the pill? Did it make it better? Then you don't have endo. Or is the pain so bad that you take off from work etc? No, then you don't have endo.

2. Thyroid-Do you have unexplained weight gain? Extreme tiredness (I'm not talking oh I could take a nap, I mean falling asleep driving or at work), Dry skin/scalp? No then you don't have a thryoid issue.

I wouldn't bother my OB with either of those things but I would bring it up at my yearly. I have both of those issues and with endo there was no way I could keep going so I had to see my dr. The thyroid I didn't find out about until I was pregnant. 

• Options
    jefa621 said:
    I got a 69.8 temp this morning. Since this is your first month temping, don't analyze every detail. It will drive you crazy.
    Now that temp I would be concerned about! Lol

Haha yup you are right! I meant 96.8.
    Bfp #1: 2/20/2014 Baby girl born on 11/3/2014
    Anniversary

nov 2014 

• Options
    OP i'm confused as to what is wrong with any of this? Your temps are fine and very common. Your cycle length is fine too as long as your LP is in the normal range 25 days are fine. For example, mine are 25-26 days with a 12-13 day LP.  Stay and lurk. You can learn a lot here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"