July 2013 Moms

@mrads

How did DS appointment go today? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: @mrads

• Just thinking if you and this!! We got cleared thank god, but I was worried about what people would think too. People are uneducated rednecks sometimes. Fx for y'all today.
  • Loading the player...
  • Can she see it if her name is just tagged in the thread? If not...@mrads
  • MRadsMRads member
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for thinking of us!

B's appointment went ok. They said his head is off by 9mm and they recommend helmets at 6. More troubling is that he has torticollis and his hips are misaligned bc of it. So he needs to have physical therapy for his neck and a scan of his hips done to see what steps need to be taken for that. The helmet is strictly cosmetic and H and I haven't decided if we are going to go that route or not.

The news isn't great, but the appt was at children's hospital and I couldn't help but be thankful that this is the worst issue that's come up in his life. He's never even been sick enough to take to the dr outside of a well visit. So, were very fortunate.

Thanks for thinking of us.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • @MRads I'm glad your little duder is healthy, but I'm sorry for what you're going through. Good luck with PT and your decision about the helmet.

• I'm so sorry, good luck with whatever decision you make and the PT. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for your support <3

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • That decision is a hard one. I was just there with you. Hopefully you both can agree on what is best. Good news is you have about a month right?
  • It takes about a month to get the helmet made, they said, so we have to start the process soon. We've already noticed an improvement since we moved him out of the rnp and started working on it, so we will probably start the process but continually reevaluate.

Our first step is to see if it is covered by insurance.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Ours covered 600$ for one time. So if she needed two helments it wasn't covered again. The rnp really did some damage but we saw a huge difference in about a month after transition. Is it flat back or side? If it's a flat back do you have the noggin nest?
  • @mrads I'm sorry. :( I hope the hip scan brings good news, and that pt will be easy for you!
  • Hilaboo86 said:

Ours covered 600$ for one time. So if she needed two helments it wasn't covered again. The rnp really did some damage but we saw a huge difference in about a month after transition. Is it flat back or side? If it's a flat back do you have the noggin nest?

He has a nub on his right side and it is flat kind of across and up to the left. Next kid we will probably use the noggin nest. And maybe just use the rnp for naps.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • @mrads I still use mine for the swing haha it seems to help
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"