May 2014 Moms

Spelling for baby girl

Lbarron915Lbarron915 member
edited November 2013 in May 2014 Moms
Long time lurker, first time poster. :) Finally getting my nerve up to post on here, and need some advice.
We love the name Brinley, but we don't know which version we like best. How would YOU spell the name? (middle name Grace)

ETA- We would most likely call her Brynn as her nickname

BabyFetus Ticker

Spelling for baby girl 139 votes

Brinley Grace
46% 65 votes
Brynlee Grace
47% 66 votes
Brynlie Grace
5% 8 votes

Re: Spelling for baby girl

• If you're going brynn as a nickname, maybe brynnlie? To keep the double N thing?

Any of the spellings are nice!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Brinley Grace is beautiful!
    I like all spellings, but I think Brinley may be easier for people to attempt to spell. Of course, even with the most fool-proof spelling, mistakes still are made. My middle name is Faith but my SS card reads "Faiath". Haha
  • My coworker just named her baby brynlee grace
  • I voted for Brynley because I think it's the most intuitive but I also like Brynlee.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My friend had a Bryn and it's spelled Brynley, which I like.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I voted Brynlee only because you want to call her "Brynn" I would probably add another n to her name spelling if that's how you're going to spell her nickname.

I just have a weird thing where I want the nickname to make sense! Like I totally don't get how Peggy is a nickname fit Margaret, and it doesn't make sense to me when "Katie" is a nickname for "Catherine"

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for the advice, everyone! I hadn't even thought of the double n in the nickname and not in the name - can we just blame that on pregnancy brain? I'm big on the "no weird spellings" too, @Kimbus22, but we weren't sure if there WAS a proper spelling for that name, as we've seen it so many different ways! 

@yayglitter, I can't believe that you SS card is spelled wrong! But that's a little funny! :) My maiden name was German and super 'weird' so I'm used to people asking me to spell, or re-pronounce my name, and I HATE it! So I want her name to be as easy as possible! :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Lol I have a German last name and no one can pronounce it. Ironically, the SS office could spell that but not Faith haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"