December 2013 Moms

Spotting 24 hrs after internal?

I had an internal yesterday morning and didn't see any spotting all day. Then at times today my copious amounts of discharge were streaked with pink. I want to think something exciting is about to happen, but my lack of contractions and the fact that I had an internal yesterday makes me think its probably just from that. Any experience with spotting a day later?
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Spotting 24 hrs after internal?

• I haven't but my dr always tells me after a cervix check that spotting in the next day or two is completely normal.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• I had an internal last Monday, around 1:30pm. I had no spotting all day. The next morning around 8:30 I had a lot of brown/red mucous. I was hoping it was the start of something but figured it was just from the internal. The next morning I had a streak of red mucous again. I had another appt that day and I mentioned it to my Dr. She said it could still just be from the internal. I've been losing pieces of my plug all week, but no blood mixed in since early Wednesday morning.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • LP0198 said:
    I haven't but my dr always tells me after a cervix check that spotting in the next day or two is completely normal.

This exactly is what my doctor said too. And I don't typically have spotting after cervix checks but the last one had me spot a bits most likely due to the fact that I'm 80% effaced, so a thinner cervix is easier to irritate.
  • KFiori1 said:

I had an internal last Monday, around 1:30pm. I had no spotting all day. The next morning around 8:30 I had a lot of brown/red mucous. I was hoping it was the start of something but figured it was just from the internal. The next morning I had a streak of red mucous again. I had another appt that day and I mentioned it to my Dr. She said it could still just be from the internal. I've been losing pieces of my plug all week, but no blood mixed in since early Wednesday morning.

I think I just lost a piece of my plug a few mins ago. Does it resemble EWCM? With DS it came out in one piece after my water broke with my bloody show so I don't really remember exactly what it was like since so much was going on.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• @lp0198 my experience has been that its a lot like ewcm but more opaque and a little more solid/formed. I have been able to pick it up in blobs.
  • Forgive me, but what does EWCM stand for?
  • Egg white cervical mucous- the type you get around ovulation
  • Ahh that makes sense. I figured something to do with ovulation, etc. I just couldn't place the acronym.
  • @lp0198 my experience has been that its a lot like ewcm but more opaque and a little more solid/formed. I have been able to pick it up in blobs.

Thanks for responding. Yeah this was clear but the consistency of EWCM. I've had it twice today when I wiped after peeing. It wasn't a giant blob but definitely noticeable on the toilet paper.

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• LP0198 said:
    @lp0198 my experience has been that its a lot like ewcm but more opaque and a little more solid/formed. I have been able to pick it up in blobs.
    Thanks for responding. Yeah this was clear but the consistency of EWCM. I've had it twice today when I wiped after peeing. It wasn't a giant blob but definitely noticeable on the toilet paper.
    Yeah, another way I describe it is it's like snot!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My experience was very scary, actually. Partially my fault, since I haven't been reading the forums as often as I should :( I had an internal exam on a Monday morning, and by Monday afternoon I had some light pink spotting. Monday night before bed and into early morning when i went into full labor, I was pretty much peeing blood. It was much different than the mucusy pink flow I had earlier that day. It is definitely normal and I had that much blood because my cervix was already very thin and I was dilating at a very quick pace. Good luck!
    Me: 28 DH: 33 TTC since February 2012, married September 2012 DX with Hypothalamic Amenorrhea 2/2013, HSG clear, Bloodwork good, SA great! Started seeing RE February 2013
      imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"