December 2013 Moms

Introducing My LO

Raegan Hannah was born at 37wks 1d and weighed 6lbs, 13oz and was 19in.  We are so in love with her already and our new little family is doing great.  

Birth story:  I had a regular OB appt  Mon, 11/25 and had my first cervix exam:  1cm dilated, 50% effaced but she was low.  Even though she was low, the doctor said she can't give any firm dates but since I'm a FTM, the likelihood was that Raegan would still come close to her due date. I was satisfied just knowing I was dilated.  That night, at around 10 I went to the bathroom and then went to bed.  A few minutes after lying down I felt a small gush of fluid followed by a few more.  I ran back to the bathroom (or waddled) and sure enough my underwear and pajama pants were soaked.  I called the on-call at L&D and was told to go in (especially since I was GBS+).

Luckily, I had started picking out clothes I wanted to take so I started a labor bag while DH walked the dog and we decided to leave it at home since I'm a 10 minute walk from the hospital.  We walked to the hospital b/c from the very get go of pregnancy, I always said I would walk when in labor.  Got into triage relatively quickly and sure enough my water had broken so up to L&D it was.

I was having contractions and they let me labor a little till they decided pitocin was a better route.  I walked around the halls and sat on a birthing ball for 2 seconds b/c they kept having trouble with the baby monitors when I was on the ball before asking for the epidural.  DH went home at some point and finished packing my bag for me and came back and both of us got some rest.  Before I knew it, they told me I was at 10 and that we could start pushing.  The first 2 hours were a breeze and the last one was rough even with the epi.  The on-call OB and nurse were awesome though and finally after some intense pushing, little Raegan came into this world crying which is the only thing I cared about hearing.  I had a 2nd degree tear so I got 11 stitches but I could care less about any of that b/c I had my little girl in my arms.

Thank you so much for all the well wishes and @esf60 for being such a rockstar of a LB.  Congrats to everyone with outside babies and to everyone with inside babies, they'll be here before you know it.  So happy that I've gotten to share this journey with this board, I have learned so much!   

Re: Introducing My LO

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"