December 2013 Moms

That was surprising! (TMI)

So I've been have pretty constant contractions for three days now but they are all over the place time wise (10 - 40 mins a part). I was reading an article on signs if active labor and it said your cervix lowers/comes forward. At my dr appt on Tuesday the dr said my cervix was still high (2cm, 50% effaced, -2 station).

So while in the shower I decided to poke a finger in there to see if I could feel if my cervix dropped (sorry TMI). The baby's head is right there! W. T. F!!!! I knew she was sitting low but wasn't expecting to feel anything. It totally freaked me out. I won't be poking around anymore that's for sure.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

Re: That was surprising! (TMI)

• OP, you gave yourself a cervix check? SG/Elisan style?? Lol

Lmao! No not checking for dilation just looking for cervix location.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Lol at least you were in the shower so your hands were clean :P. I actually asked my doc for one at my last appointment and he said no... I think there is something wrong with my doctor.

• Loading the player...
  • OMG that would freak me out. I remember while DD was being born and I was pushing, the dr told me to reach down so I could feel her head on the way out. I just remember it feeling so soft and squishy! If I was at home and felt LO's head (even via an internal check) I would probably panic and want to run to L&D. ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's crazy!! I'm not even sure what I would be feeling for!

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• amberpro said:

That's crazy!! I'm not even sure what I would be feeling for!

I didn't actually find a cervix in there anywhere that I could tell lol. When we were ttc DS I would check cervix location to help determine ovulation was coming so I figured this would be the same. I just felt a giant hard lump and freaked out. I guess it's a good thing DH didn't agree to sex last night. That would have probably traumatized the poor guy from sex of life lol

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Haha omg! I've had 2 cervix checks and they are like LO is right there, I can feel his/her head! But I'm not trying it out...I would totally have a panic attack!

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • oh wow, how crazy!! haha.  That would freak me out too.
  • This now makes me wonder... The other day DH and I were having sex and he said he felt like he was poking the babies head... I mean I'm sure it was the cervix, and I was going to post about it, but then kinda forgot about it. I don't think he's traumatized yet, but all of a sudden I may be LOL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Aycul18 said:

This now makes me wonder... The other day DH and I were having sex and he said he felt like he was poking the babies head... I mean I'm sure it was the cervix, and I was going to post about it, but then kinda forgot about it. I don't think he's traumatized yet, but all of a sudden I may be LOL

Yeah I don't think I'll be asking for sex anymore. He would definitely be hitting her in the head.

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• LP0198 said:
    This now makes me wonder... The other day DH and I were having sex and he said he felt like he was poking the babies head... I mean I'm sure it was the cervix, and I was going to post about it, but then kinda forgot about it. I don't think he's traumatized yet, but all of a sudden I may be LOL
    Yeah I don't think I'll be asking for sex anymore. He would definitely be hitting her in the head.

Bahaha! Omg I don't blame you.
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • Aycul18 said:

You know, people always say to have lots of sex toward the end to get things moving along, but my sister's OB actually told her the exact opposite.  He said he could so easily feel the baby's head during her cervical exam, that he advised them to abstain until he was born.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Where's a gif when you need one??

Nope, nope, nope
  • I did cervix checks on my self before and after we were TTC. ( I did the calendar method of BC and you have to track everything if you want to be accurate) No way am I going up there now!
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • Where's a gif when you need one??

Nope, nope, nope

I can't gif on mobile but I'm pretty sure this is the face I made lol

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"