December 2013 Moms

Vent about my help

I need to vent. My parents have been here 13 days helping us. I appreciate that they came, we really needed them to take care of DD while we were having baby and dealing with NICU. However they are starting to drive me nuts. I know I should just let it roll off my back but here are a few things that piss me off:

• They cooked a huge thanksgiving dinner for us. It was great. what is not so great as many of the pans are still unwashed in the sink. Every time i asked they said they would clean them. Finally I lost patience waiting and began cleaning this morning. Do I want to clean? no. but WTF it is gross.
  • they leave crap everywhere, clothes, books, etc. 
  • they make coffee in the keurig and dont throw any of the cups away. they are littered all over.
  • they leave razors all over the bathroom sink where DD can reach them. I have asked them to move them 3 times. 
I know my parents are messy people. I know they are trying to help. I know some help is better than no help but ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......

Thanks for letting me vent. They leave Tuesday. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Vent about my help

• Oh, I would be upset too! How much longer will they be around?

Jill (36) Wife to Joe (36) Mom to: Alyssa (forever 10) Jacob (10) Baby Due 12/31/13 Pregnancy Ticker

• JillSandm said:
    Oh, I would be upset too! How much longer will they be around?
    They leave Tuesday. I am glad they came just annoyed that they are not trying to be a little more clean. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm having the same issue with my mom. She's been here for 15 days an still 6 to go. I feel like I am always cleaning up after her too. Grr I feel your pain!
  • I would honestly sit them down and talk to them. They are supposed to be there to help not make it harder on you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh, that sounds horrible. Sorry they're being so "helpful" LOL Parents are more stress than they're worth sometimes.
  • Ugh... Just three more days then things will get back to normal...

BabyFetus Ticker

• Uggghhh that's so frustrating! If they're there helping they can't be making more work for you, that negates the point of being there.
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • sorry, what a bummer. :/  I'd think if someone comes to "help" they'd be ready to put extra effort into helping keep things neat/tidy, even if they're not "clean people", because that's what you need right now!  sorry it has you frustrated, I think I'd feel the same.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"