February 2014 Moms
Options

Insomnia Lounge.... Can't sleep? Come on in !

I have been tossing and turning for a few hours. Figured I must not be alone.
Figured anyone who can't sleep can come here and chat about anything
:)

Re: Insomnia Lounge.... Can't sleep? Come on in !

• Options
    Im awake too. Its like i have a hard time fakling back to sleep after trios to pee..
  • Options
    Sadly I am not allowed to sleep as I am currently at work

“Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor, Season 3, Episode 6

Dating Since: 2/13/05 * Married Since: 9/8/12 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was laying in bed for the last hour wide awake thinking of all the scary/hilarious moments that I remember from watching the X-Files as a pre-teen (man, that show made for some good sleepovers with my buddies!) when I realized it was 5:30 and I might as well sneak downstairs for some peanut butter and my laptop, lol!

• Options

:( sorry about work
  • Options

I was laying in bed for the last hour wide awake thinking of all the scary/hilarious moments that I remember from watching the X-Files as a pre-teen (man, that show made for some good sleepovers with my buddies!) when I realized it was 5:30 and I might as well sneak downstairs for some peanut butter and my laptop, lol!

Loved xfiles!!!! The movie wasn't too bad either
  • Options

Im awake too. Its like i have a hard time fakling back to sleep after trios to pee..

I am really peeing every hour....I'm frustrated with not sleeping :(
  • Options
    I'm up because I'm itching. All over. Last night my dad said he thought it was a histimine/allergic reaction to something, but I kinda blew him off. Now I'm miserable, and to get the benadryl I would have to wake my parents up. The joys of travelling for the holidays... At least I should be able to get a nap later today to make up for this.
    Me: 25 DH: 26 First-time Mom EDD 2/2/2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    From May 18, 2013
  • Options
    I just woke up and went to check FB and was wondering why there were a million new statuses (there's usually only a few) then I realized that its Black Friday. I'm enjoying my couch and coffee way too much to care.
  • Options
    mlynn333 said:

I'm up because I'm itching. All over. Last night my dad said he thought it was a histimine/allergic reaction to something, but I kinda blew him off. Now I'm miserable, and to get the benadryl I would have to wake my parents up. The joys of travelling for the holidays... At least I should be able to get a nap later today to make up for this.

That sounds awful.... You may want to get the medicine anyway though so it doesn't get worse? Maybe ?
  • Options
    keags5496 said:

I just woke up and went to check FB and was wondering why there were a million new statuses (there's usually only a few) then I realized that its Black Friday. I'm enjoying my couch and coffee way too much to care.

Your too happy. Lol. Must be wide awake in the east coast?
  • Options
    I am being entertained with a bunch of kicks right now so I guess in not awake and alone.... I have LO to keep me company :)
  • Options

Do you work retail or normal night shifts?
  • Options

mlynn333 said:

That sounds awful.... You may want to get the medicine anyway though so it doesn't get worse? Maybe ?
    I'm hoping I hear them get up soon... they're usually up pretty early. I'll give it a bit longer, then benadryl, a shower, and a crap load of lotion are on my to-do list. I kinda want to wake up DH so that my misery can have some company, but that feels kinda mean :)

From May 18, 2013
  • Options

keags5496 said:

Your too happy. Lol. Must be wide awake in the east coast?
    Yep. It's almost 7 and we're leaving for the cape for a few days with friends. 7 kids under the age of 5, but it sounds like heaven to me.
  • Options
    mlynn333 said:

mlynn333 said:

I'm hoping I hear them get up soon... they're usually up pretty early. I'll give it a bit longer, then benadryl, a shower, and a crap load of lotion are on my to-do list. I kinda want to wake up DH so that my misery can have some company, but that feels kinda mean :)
    Actually you might want to take a shower to cool off your skin... And that might help start to wake people up nicely :)
  • Options

mlynn333 said:

mlynn333 said:

Actually you might want to take a shower to cool off your skin... And that might help start to wake people up nicely :)
    I'm an allergy girl. So are my kids. Random stuff like your mentioning.
  • Options
    Feel better @mlynn333. Get that Benadryl in your system!
  • Options
    I am wondering why unisom is not working for me at all. If I could just sleep a little but more
  • Options
    keags5496 said:

Thanks! Off to the shower I go!

Also, you mentioned all those Facebook posts.... I have zero so far.this morning. (East coast too). apparently none of my friends either went out or were willing to sacrifice precious shopping seconds to tell the world.about it :)

From May 18, 2013
  • Options
    mlynn333 said:

keags5496 said:

Thanks! Off to the shower I go!

Also, you mentioned all those Facebook posts.... I have zero so far.this morning. (East coast too). apparently none of my friends either went out or were willing to sacrifice precious shopping seconds to tell the world.about it :)

I like your friends.
  • Options

I am wondering why unisom is not working for me at all. If I could just sleep a little but more

How about a cup of tea? That works a for me sometimes.
  • Options
    keags5496 said:

Aaaand I apparently talk like Mario and Luigi now.
  • Options
    keags5496 said:

I think I will try that. :) I have candy cane lane tea.... Sounds kind of yummy and festive :)
  • Options
    This thread was starting just as I was finally falling back to sleep. Sadly, I am now up again anyway waiting for my mom so we can go shopping. It's more of a tradition for us than actually going because we HAVE to have anything. We go out, buy things if we see them and get breakfast together. It's actually one of my favorite things about Thanksgiving, except when I only got a few hours of sleep the night before!

Hope some of you ladies were able to get some rest, and I hope you're feeling better @mlynn333!
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

• Options
    Junebugz1 said:

This was me last night until 4am- cranky due to dragon fire heartburn and furious kicking. Seriously, kid? It must be "training" in prep for sleepless nights ahead.

Dragon fire heartburn. Love it!
  • Options
    I'm a day late, but awake for over an hour now. My DS & I came camping with friends so hubby could so work on the house while we're gone. It's been pretty good so far, but we've got another day & I think I've reached my limit. All sorts of little things are starting to bug me, but the cherry was getting locked out of the trailer bathroom & having to walk to the camp bathrooms at 4 AM (I'd been holding it since 12:30). But at least The Bump is keeping me entertained now...
  • Options

I'm a day late, but awake for over an hour now. My DS & I came camping with friends so hubby could so work on the house while we're gone. It's been pretty good so far, but we've got another day & I think I've reached my limit. All sorts of little things are starting to bug me, but the cherry was getting locked out of the trailer bathroom & having to walk to the camp bathrooms at 4 AM (I'd been holding it since 12:30). But at least The Bump is keeping me entertained now...

Hope you fell back to sleep! Sounds like an " adventure " out there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"