Cloth Diapering

Filling in and replacing stash with GMD workhorses.... help?

avaleiavalei member
edited November 2013 in Cloth Diapering
I had mostly fitteds with my daughter that I made from Wazoodle kits (little green bear). However, I tried to be all cute and crafty and add a pretty layer to the outside... so, the pretty layer is disintegrating. The diapers still work, but the outer layer is sort falling apart. The small/newborn ones, however, are just fine, as they only fit her for 2 months.

We've bought some more flip inserts and covers and are planning to go that route this time... but I still want some fitteds, and happened across the GMD workhorse sale. Now I kinda want some... but I don't know what sizes. I'm thinking just a half dozen of each, so I have some variety, and so I have something to reliably contain poo when out and about. If the ones I have are good through 2 months or so (I don't remember how much she weighed when we switched to the mediums... maybe 12ish?), and I plan to CD through somewhere around 20-22 months (we potty trained my daughter around then, and plan to do the same), can I get away with buying just two sizes? Smalls and Mediums, or Mediums and Larges? I haven't used GMDs before, so any sizing advice is appreciated.
imageimageimage
Anniversary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Filling in and replacing stash with GMD workhorses.... help?

• I'd say mediums and larges. Especially if you get the snapless versions, you can use a snappi to get a good custom fit around the belly.
  • Normally I'd say don't skip smalls because I really hate bulky fitteds, but since you're just using them to fill in I think I agree with haileyq's suggestion.  DS2 was 8lbs 3oz at birth and weighed 12 pounds at 2 months.  So he would have been really close to fitting snapless mediums at that point. He's now 23 pounds and 14 months and still wearing larges with plenty of growing room. 

image imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks, ladies! I like your suggestions.
    imageimageimage
    Anniversary
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Agreed, mediums and larges ought to suffice. We started our LO on mediums at 3 months / ~15 lbs, and he wore them until he was about 9 months. He's now 18 months and 24 lbs and still wearing the larges with plenty of room.
  • Thanks! Always good when multiple people agree. I bought 6 Ms and 6 Ls. Hooray! Thanks :)
    imageimageimage
    Anniversary
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"