December 2013 Moms
Options

need opinions on cookware

So DH is getting me new pots and pans but I have no clue what to get. Paula Deen or Rachel Ray or any other good ones youbgals know about?

Re: need opinions on cookware

• Options

All Clad.  Also worth it!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not sure about brands but I did see something about a sale on the rachel ray ones. Just make sure you price match

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I like Calphalon. It is a little more on the pricey side, but definitely worth it.
    Do they sell that at Macy's?  I'm pretty sure this is the kind the family I nanny for has, it is amazing!  I'm going to need to invest in it.
  • Options
    We got a great calphalon set at Costco just a few weeks ago. I love them!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ashleynh5 said:

LinnyF said:

I like Calphalon. It is a little more on the pricey side, but definitely worth it.

Do they sell that at Macy's?  I'm pretty sure this is the kind the family I nanny for has, it is amazing!  I'm going to need to invest in it.
    Yep! That's where we got ours.

@LinnyF Yes, that's where they sell it. :) Today would be the day to buy it, since Macy's has sales. ;)

• Options
    Thank you ladies! I will look into calphalon. Saw some sales online for them today. I don't have a price limit so going for the best;-)
  • Options
    I have the tri clad tramontina set. It's stainless steel and ranked second only to all-clad at a quarter of the price.
    D13 June Siggy Challenge Awkward (Awesome) Bathing Suits
    photo d5230f4f-07cc-4b75-b11c-da060b42a66d.jpg
  • Options
    When we registered emeril was ranked high on consumer reports. I bought his stuff and I'm very happy with it.
  • Options
    I love my stainless Calphalon cookware too. But I do have a couple of pieces of Rachael Ray and I love them!

This reminds me of how I never cook anymore. I think I only had a good two weeks mid pregnancy where I actually cooked. Damn!
  • Options
    I love my stainless Calphalon cookware too. But I do have a couple of pieces of Rachael Ray and I love them! This reminds me of how I never cook anymore. I think I only had a good two weeks mid pregnancy where I actually cooked. Damn!

I can totally relate. I think that may be why I get whatever ones I want!lmao
  • Options
    The last thing I would do is buy a set. I would buy a Lodge iron skillet, All-Clad pots, they also make a non-stick skillet that I like. I think the sets are a waste. 
  • Options
    I found after a couple years our Calphalon coating started to come off (while I was cooking). For that reason, I would spend a little more to buy something that is all stainless steel- like All-clad. Edited because I can't spell.
    Anything non-stick is going to start to peel after a couple of years. Even my All-Clad skillets. :( Go for cast iron!
  • Options
    I got one piece of Paula dean a while back and it peeled in less than a year. I was not to happy with it.
  • Options
    KateMW said:

The last thing I would do is buy a set. I would buy a Lodge iron skillet, All-Clad pots, they also make a non-stick skillet that I like. I think the sets are a waste. 

There was one All Clad set that I was able to find with 5 pieces that I actually use...I don't remember what it was called though. But yes, generally the sets are a waste and you'll have to add a good cast iron and a good non stick (there's an All Clad non stick I love too).

• Options
    I have Cuisnart stainless.  I love them and got them on Amazon Cyber Monday last year.  I also have a ceramic pan and a non stick pan from Pampered Chef because I was sick of DH cooking eggs in my stainless and not cleaning them properly.  The set I got is on sale for less then I paid last year right now though!  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009JXPS6U/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

imageimage

• Options
    If you have a flat top you can't use cast iron, and I know if you have an induction stove you can't use something else - I just can't remember what.  If you have regular burners (electric or gas) you can use pretty much what ever.  And if you tend to cook on high heat, stay away from non stick.  Just wanted to add that!

imageimage

• Options
    I adore my Le Creuset dutch ovens...I have two sizes and a similar Staub piece. They're so great. I also love my All-Clad non-stick skillet. I even use it as a roaster in this house since my oven doesn't fit my fancy AC roasting pan.
  • Options
    LOL @ the thought of cooking with a newborn.
    Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
  • Options
    @ktrue85 I still remember trying to make dinner when DD was like a month old. I really wanted to make a real dinner and I was making grilled pork chops and trying this delicious recipe I found...squash and goat cheese custard. WTF was I thinking? Thank god my SIL was there to hold the baby when she of course wigged out right when it came time to stir stir stir.
  • Options
    KateMW said:

@ktrue85 I still remember trying to make dinner when DD was like a month old. I really wanted to make a real dinner and I was making grilled pork chops and trying this delicious recipe I found...squash and goat cheese custard. WTF was I thinking? Thank god my SIL was there to hold the baby when she of course wigged out right when it came time to stir stir stir.

Seriously, I barely have time right now to make fun of SG threads; I can't be bothered with home cooking. I do make a mean hotdog via microwave, though.
    Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
  • Options
    I'd buy separate pieces you need. I love my calphalon and my le creuset.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you don't have a budget limit I would go for finding a townecraft dealer. I have townecraft and they have a lifetime warranty. They are stainless and if you let the guy do a demo at your house you can earn free pieces. My mom has had hers for 25 years and her best friend has had hers 30. I've had mine 4 years and they are like brand new. You can even put them in the dishwasher. Plus they aw a waterless cookware set so you can choose to cook healthier if you want without grease and oil. They work fine cooking normal too though!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love the kitchen aid cookware. I never had any trouble with mine.
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Sets might be a short term solution, but if you're looking long term, I'd shop by the piece. And when it comes to cookware, you get what you pay for.

I have mostly Pampered Chef cookware and adore it. I also have a few LeCreuset pieces I love.

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options
    amberpro said:

Sets might be a short term solution, but if you're looking long term, I'd shop by the piece. And when it comes to cookware, you get what you pay for.

I have mostly Pampered Chef cookware and adore it. I also have a few LeCreuset pieces I love.

I also have Pamperef Chef, and I've been very happy with it. MIL used to be a consultant, so I was lucky and bought it all at a discount several years ago. It can get pricey.
    imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"