Babies: 0 - 3 Months

LO still congested :-(

My LO is still congested after a week now. I've done the saline drops, which brings up a little mucous but not enough to relieve her like I feel it should. She's still nursing and that's a good thing, but I hate to hear her sound like she's struggling. She didn't start getting congested until we came home from the hospital. She's two weeks old today, and I just don't know what to do. I do know that our bedroom doesn't seem to balance the air much...it's either too cold or too hot. She sleeps pretty good but there are times I let her sleep on her side, because her breathing sounds crazy at night and early parts of the day. I just don't know what else to do.

Re: LO still congested :-(

• have you tired breastmilk up the nose? do you have a humidifier? do you prop baby? have you tried streaming baby ( run a hot shower or bath and sit in the bathroom with baby for several minutes)?
  • I second all of the above! The humidifier helped my LO a lot.
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • Loading the player...
  • Breast milk! I put a little bit up my baby girls nose and within a few mins she sneezed, which cleaned her nose out. I just expressed some milk into a medicine cup and used a dropper to put the milk in her nose. ;)
  • My LO was very congested early on.  It is my understanding that ongoing congestion can be related to food protein intolerance, most commonly cow's milk.  I cut out cow's milk from my diet and I think it did help.  I cheated and had a little cheese on Thanksgiving, and LO seemed more congested, so now I am more convinced that it may be related to intolerance of cow's milk.   
    TTC #1 12/2009
    BFP #1 1/2010, M/C 6 weeks
    BFP #2 6/2010, DD lost to
    congenital heart diseasewe are heartbroken.

TTC #2 4/2011, diagnosed MTHFR, FVL
    Four natural cycles BFN; Clomid IUI BFN; Follistim IUI BFN;
    1/2012 IVF #1 BFN
    4/2012 FET BFP #3
    5/2012 7w1d u/s: anembryonic demise; M/C @ 8w.
    6/2012 found Stage II/III endo on laparoscopy, removed w/ laser.
    8/2012 IVF #2 epic fail: no viable embryos.

Vacation, break, second opinions, on to new RE.
    1/2013 Surprise chemical pregnancy BFP #4 (break cycle), IVF #3 postponed.
    2/2013 TI w/ hormonal support, prednisone, aspirin, Lovenox, acupuncture gave us a miracle BFP #5!
    Heartbeat on U/S at 6w1d!
    Baby,please stay!!
    Our miracle baby boy arrived 10/2013!  We are so in love!!

10/2014 Surprise BFP #6
    Our second daughter arrived in May 2015!  We are so grateful!  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I was going to suggest everything pp did. Cool most humidifier in her sleeping room, steaming up the bathroom, incline whatever she sleeps on ect.
    Pregnancy discovered at 12 weeks 12/2007 - D&C at 13 Weeks due to partial Ectopic pregnancy/Body rejecting pregnancy. Last Pregnancy - EDD August 2013 TTC Our first miracle baby.
  • Exactly how much did you use?

Breast milk! I put a little bit up my baby girls nose and within a few mins she sneezed, which cleaned her nose out. I just expressed some milk into a medicine cup and used a dropper to put the milk in her nose. ;)

• I've done everything but the humidifier and shower. I may not have put enough breastmilk in her nose. How much do I put?

have you tired breastmilk up the nose? do you have a humidifier? do you prop baby? have you tried streaming baby ( run a hot shower or bath and sit in the bathroom with baby for several minutes)?

• Check out Nosefrida. It's disgusting yes, but it works. Read the reviews on amazon. I've used it on my LO, she hates it but hearing her struggling to breathe is worse than sucking snot.
  • My LO became congested after her first pedi visit, and it hasn't gone away. We have a humidifier going every night; we elevated the legs on one side of the co-sleeper so he sleeps on an incline; and we use a saline spray for his nose, which helps him sneeze out the mucous. After today (eating cow's milk with cereal) I am convinced he is sensitive to dairy. Cutting that out for a few weeks to see if that helps. GL!

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"