Preemies

One going home before the other.

My boys turned two months today and it's been 62 days in the NICU. L has 2 hernias and will need surgery so he will be transported to another hospital an hour and a half from us for the surgery once he is strong enough. E will most likely go home before then. Even though they don't have a discharge date I can't help but feel sad that they won't come home together. Those who have had one twin go home before the other, how did you handle it?

Re: One going home before the other.

• We had about 5 days between discharge -- and honestly, I was so busy with DD1 and adjusting to having a baby home, it made it okay. I also had my husband and my parents spend a TON of time in the NICU to make up for my not being there. I didn't go back to the NICU once DD1 came home -- since you can't bring babies back into our NICU. It wasn't ideal, but it went by FAST. We were in the NICU 81 days, so knowing I had to only get through 3-4 more until DD2 came home made it completely tolerable. 

::hugs:: I, too, wanted the ideal scenario of them coming home at the same time, but honestly, one at a time really did help ease the transition of having TWO babies at home! ;)
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"