July 2012 Moms

~FC~

reinedecajunreinedecajun member
edited November 2013 in July 2012 Moms
It's actually Friday and no work..whohoo!!!!!

I never shop Black Friday, I cant take the crowds. I have already finished all my shopping via amazon and a few other sites. Have not stepped foot inside one store for Christmas gifts.

I will buy all my stocking stuffers about a week before Christmas, at Target :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: ~FC~

• hijoi said:
    Everyone is still asleep so I made some fresh gravy and ate a plate of turkey and stuffing for breakfast and am considering moving on to pie.
    Im thinking the same thing for breakfast!!!

• Loading the player...
  • I am hungover from food and alcohol yet Hunter was up at 545 so I've done nothing but sit on the couch and keep Yo Gabba Gabba on repeat. MOTY here
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    What just happened in my diaper?!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • And my neighbor works PT at target. She's a retired teacher with 25 years experience and a masters degree. So yeah all retail people are totally lazy and uneducated ::eye roll::
  • MissMusic said:
    A blow dry bar just opened up in my town. I have no idea what a blow dry bar is.
    I don't know either but it sounds more wholesome than a blow job bar...which was how I read this the first time lol.
    @MissMusic I know! Every time I hear their commercial I think the same thing.
    @hijoi Bahahahah
  • Hunter stole my coffee and drank the last couple ounces. He loves it
  • A blow dry bar just opened up in my town. I have no idea what a blow dry bar is.
    We have one of these in our town and they charge more for a blow dry than I pay for a haircut. Crazy.
    Wow! I have not looked at their prices but I am not paying that much if they are just drying my hair!
  • I went out late last night...like 11 and went to a few stores. My fc, my eyes hurt from giving serious side eye to people who are out shopping with their babies! I saw newborns and a few over tired toddlers. Then they wonder why said kid is throwing a fit...um I could take a guess!

• FTR I have nothing against Black Friday, just the shopping on Thanksgiving. I mean it's one day!

• We had our thanksgiving dinner in the afternoon yesterday so I actually did go shopping last night. We need a new camera as ours is on its last legs and target had a door buster for one that was several hundred dollars off. Otherwise we would not have been able to afford it. I arrived at 8 when it opened and waited in line for maybe 10 minutes so not too bad. I got the camera and grabbed some DVDs that were nearby that were insanely cheap and headed to the check out.

Then I stopped at the mall to go to one store: Abercrombie kids. My niece wants clothes from there for Christmas and the store was 50% off until midnight. I was able to get her several nice things for a great deal. Then I got gelato from Melt and enjoyed a little walk around the mall all by myself :) My H was home with Ava who was sound asleep.

But yeah I seriously side eyed all the people who had little kids out late. Target was pretty insanely busy but the mall wasn't. It was like shopping on a Saturday, no worse.
  • irish1213 said:

I just got off the phone with DH and am a crying, ugly mess at work. We have a very formal Thanksgiving dinner, which we host (think hand wash china and crystal) for 15 people. I had to work this morning so I left all the clean up for after work today. I woke up to every dish, pot and utensil washed and put away and a spotless first floor.  DH has the day off and didn't go to bed until it was all done. He had called me at work to say good morning and I just lost it, thank goodness there are not a lot people here to see me in such a condition.

@irish1213

What a sweetie your H is :)
  • Ok I have another one.

I love our job/career/business but sometimes I wish we had 9-5 jobs. I remember those days when I worked for someone else and as soon as I got home I could put work behind me and focus on other things.

Having our own business and basically living "in" it, it never stops. Lately I've been feeling incredibly overwhelmed as there is always stuff that needs to be done. My H says I need to chill and take time each night to relax but I just can't. It's so hard for me when I have so much to do. And we have a couple sick animals that need special treatments daily - it's tough (emotionally and financially).
  • After watching under cover boss last night, I was literally dreaming about a joey bag of donuts. But Moes is across from the mall and less than a mile from all the major retailers. Against my better judgement I went to Moes for lunch and it was amazing!
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • And btw... Shopping on black Friday is whatever. Its not a holiday, no ones getting paid time and a half, black Friday is not the issue. Shopping on Thanksgiving day is the issue. People were forced to work or lose their jobs. Many companies didn't offer time and a half, and if they did, for most it was only for the hours of 8pm-12am, not the 12am-9am that people were also there, being forced to work, dead effing tired from being up all day on Thanksgiving so they could see their families and then having to leave their celebrations to report to work. Not to mention that when they did get to go home, they are most likely scheduled to return in 8 hours to work during the day today. I'm currently in one of these stores, working with all the poor people that didn't have the option of choosing whether they wanted to work last night.

• mandie727 said:

How is it strange for her to be in the 1st grade and be 8? Her 8th bday is 12/12.
    Its just my personal opinion. Thats all.

1st graders are 5/6 years old.

• mandie727 said:

How is it strange for her to be in the 1st grade and be 8? Her 8th bday is 12/12.
    Its just my personal opinion. Thats all.

Typically:
    Kindergarten 5-6
    1st 6-7
    2nd 7-8
    3rd 8-9

But if she Dosent know basic biology being in first grade makes sense.

• mandie727 said:
    I dont think its right to teach 1st graders this. My opinion.
    your niece is 8 in first grade?  And hate to break it to you...8 year olds already know these words, and use them on a regular basis...
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cwm11985 said:

mandie727 said:

your niece is 8 in first grade?  And hate to break it to you...8 year olds already know these words, and use them on a regular basis...

Cvm is right. Also I have known people who started their periods at 8 years old. Can you imagine how scared that kid would be if she started hers and knew nothing about it??

I still don't get how she is 8 and in first grade unless she was held back. My birthday is the end of November and I turned 8 while I was in grade 3. Therefore I was 8 for part of grade 4. How the heck is she only in grade 1??

• KarmB said:
    How is it strange for her to be in the 1st grade and be 8? Her 8th bday is 12/12. Its just my personal opinion. Thats all.
    Typically: Kindergarten 5-6 1st 6-7 2nd 7-8 3rd 8-9 But if she Dosent know basic biology being in first grade makes sense.
    Fucking THANK YOU, I thought I was taking crazy pills. First graders are not five.
  • My confession, part 1: I kinda sorta shopped on Thanksgiving. In my defense, we didn't leave the house until 11 pm so by the time we were wading through the crowds, it was Friday. Part 2: I scored these gigantic Mickey and Minnie plushies for Taylor and threw them in the corner of our bedroom to wrap later. Well of course this morning H lets her in our room before I had a chance to hide them, and she runs straight for them and starts dragging around her giant Minnie. I freaked out and snatched it from her and re-hid both of them in the closet while she threw a tantrum and cried. I feel bad, but damnit they're for Christmas and I can't afford to replace the gift if I give them to her early! Now I just hope she forgets she ever saw them. haha
  • I went shopping at 10:30 last night. I had an amazing day with my family, and then my SIL, brother, and his girlfriend went out to Target and some other stores. I am happy I went and had a great time.

• I was 5 for the first 3 months of 1st grade.

• BubbaJug said:
    I was 5 for the first 3 months of 1st grade.

So were you 17 when you graduated high school? Not saying you're wrong but that would be the exception, not the rule. Most people begin 1st grade at age 6 and turn 7 during the school year.
  • BubbaJug said:
    So was I
  • RTaylor12 said:

BubbaJug said:

So were you 17 when you graduated high school? Not saying you're wrong but that would be the exception, not the rule. Most people begin 1st grade at age 6 and turn 7 during the school year.

Yes and so was anyone with birthdays before the December whatever cutoff... Which was a lot of kids, at least where I was. Maybe it's another one of those regional things or perhaps just parent choice. Regardless, you don't see 8 year olds in 1st grade unless there are extenuating circumstances.

• RTaylor12 said:
    BubbaJug said:

I was 17 when I graduated and I didn't turn 18 until I was already a few months into my first year of college. There were many kids in my class the same age as me, it was not out of the norm. But maybe things have changed since then, I don't know...
  • BubbaJug said:
    BubbaJug said:

Yes and so was anyone with birthdays before the December whatever cutoff... Which was a lot of kids, at least where I was. Maybe it's another one of those regional things or perhaps just parent choice. Regardless, you don't see 8 year olds in 1st grade unless there are extenuating circumstances.
    Yeah must be regional and/or depend on whether you went to pre-school I guess. My birthday is in November and I was 6/7 in first grade.
  • adorebellaadorebella member
    edited November 2013
    mandie727 said:

First of all, most 1st graders are not 8 years old.

hijinx said:

mandie727 said:

So are you saying that it would be better to pretend that men and women are like Barbie and Ken and they are anatomically the same?
    They will hear a ton of "stuff" outside of the home but nothing is more impactful then their home life.

@leilei7369 While this is a nice sentiment, I think you're greatly underplaying the influence that peers have, especially for teens.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I went to private school K-12. Always Christian school. I had sex/reproduction lessons in 1st, 4th, 6th and 9th grade. I had a pretty good idea on how things worked. My biggest complaint was in 9th grade I was at a new school and they brought this bish in who showed us pictures of aborted fetuses. Horrifying yes, but I still had sex! And got pregnant at 15. But thank Jesus I miscarried. I would've really benefitted from a lesson on where to obtain BCP. I knew how things worked, but my hormones were crazy I started K at age 4 and graduated at 17. I was 8 in like 3-4 grade
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"