3rd Trimester

Odd baby movement: shivers and tremors

I keep getting this feeling that the baby is shivering or shaking quickly like a tremor. It lasts no more than 5 seconds and usually just in one spot. It happens more when I lay on my side. I thought it could just be her stretching since I have that tremor when I stretch. I also heard it could be the baby's reflexes getting practice but it doesn't feel like that. Its a very rapid shake. Its such a weird sensation I was curious if anyone else gets this.

Re: Odd baby movement: shivers and tremors

• Yes, I had that happen with DS and DD. You'll also see newborns shake like that outside the womb at times too. It's nothing odd or scary, just strangely "normal."
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• FTM here and That happens to me too. It kinda reminds me of when a puppy or kitty is sleeping and they twitch lol I don't feel so worried about it though I'm sure it's normal :)

Lilypie - (MlIp)

• Loading the player...
  • I felt this too a few weeks back- thank god I'm not alone! It almost felt like baby was having some sort of fit in my tummy?! Like you, it only lasts about 5 seconds - sounds as if it is normal PHEW x
  • Yup I've felt that too. It's like there's a vibrating baby in there for 5 or more seconds, strange feeling!!!
  • Yep, it's completely normal. I've had it with both pregnancies. 
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Normal. I have seen this posted a few times. Seems common.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• That's good to hear. I wasn't too concerned but like I said it just felt so strange. Glad I'm not alone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"