2nd Trimester
Options

Asos Maternity

Anyone have any experience with Asos maternity?  Mostly curious as to how the sizing runs - if they are more like H&M sizing or if they are more like true US vanity sizes.

Re: Asos Maternity

• Options
    I just bought a hole bunch of clothes from there, they tend to be pretty high quality.  For me the sizing is pretty much right on and regular US sizing
  • Options
    I bought a bunch of maternity stuff from asos and found it to be a little on the big side. I think that's because it's maternity though. I like their mat clothes. They're actually fashionable. I don't know who decided pregnant women should dress like old ladies.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just ordered a bunch of stuff from there but haven't received it yet. You know that English sizes are different than US sizes right? I'm a US 8 but ordered everything in a UK12. I actually used their sizing guide which give you hip and chest measurements, so hopefully it's accurate.
    Can I just say how ridiculous US sizes are. Last time I went shopping (before I was pregnant) I ended up with clothes in sizes 2,6,8,10, xs,m,l depending on the store!
  • Options
    lica001 said:
    I just ordered a bunch of stuff from there but haven't received it yet. You know that English sizes are different than US sizes right? I'm a US 8 but ordered everything in a UK12. I actually used their sizing guide which give you hip and chest measurements, so hopefully it's accurate.
    Can I just say how ridiculous US sizes are. Last time I went shopping (before I was pregnant) I ended up with clothes in sizes 2,6,8,10, xs,m,l depending on the store!
    Yeah, that's why I was asking. Like H&M labels there clothes with a us and an uk size but their us size is not like typical us vanity sizing! So wasn't sure if ASOS did the same or if they were for real US vanity sizes ;)
  • Options

I'm in the UK and wear a UK10, so a US6. I have to say that American sizing is a little on the generous side compared to UK sizing. I can usually fit into a US4 and even have a shirt from GAP that's a US2. I'm not boasting! Just highlighting the discrepancies in sizing. Obviously in the UK, we like to make people feel bad about themselves.

DH is getting me a maternity coat for xmas from Asos!

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Options
    Use the size guide and you'll be good. I bought myself some maternity pants through them and loooooove them!

That One Gal From Alaska :)

• Options
    When I was pregnant, I bought all my maternity clothes from ASOS. They have really cute stuff. They do run a little big though. I would go a size down from what you think you need. I was swimming in some pants and dresses and had to return them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary       

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"