February 2014 Moms
Options

UPDATE- Dreading this- headed to urgent care/ER

slwprincessslwprincess member
edited November 2013 in February 2014 Moms
It appears my pneumonia is making a come back. The on call doc wants me to have X-rays before starting ANOTHER antibiotic. We are at my parents house about 2 hrs from my doc/hospital so I have no idea what they will do for me here. Just dreading having to go sit in a waiting room all day and praying they don't have to admit me at a different hospital from where my doc is :-( the good thing is that all my family is down here so at least we have folks to watch the kids.

UPDATE- spent 4.5 hrs at urgent care. Day after thanksgiving insanity. Anyway, the X-rays show NO PNEUMONIA! So it's just bronchitis. But the doc heard my wheezing/crackly breaths so he knew things were not ok. Gave me a breathing treatment which did help but I can feel the tightness already just after an hour and a half :-(. He was kind of a jerk- questioning my Ob and basically just making me feel more anxious about all the meds I've had to take this pregnancy. Not what I needed. Anyway, he called in an inhaler and amoxicillin to try to prevent pneumonia. I'm not a big fan of taking antibiotics just for the hell of it and honestly- amoxicillin is pretty worthless for me anyway. I'm thinking I will just take the inhaler and check with my Ob on Monday morning at my appt before starting the other- is that terrible?

Re: UPDATE- Dreading this- headed to urgent care/ER

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"