Cloth Diapering

Kawaii P&N vs. Little Green Baby

Which are better for a newborn? I'm leaning towards the Green Baby because they're Bamboo and DH really hates MF. I've read the reviews and the main issues people seem to have is they're hard to stuff. I have pretty tiny hands though so I don't anticipate a huge issue there. Would they work well for a newborn? Any insight is appreciate!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Kawaii P&N vs. Little Green Baby

• I have heard green baby doesn't fit as well on smaller babies. Maybe someone can confirm?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• I have heard green baby doesn't fit as well on smaller babies. Maybe someone can confirm?
    The one video I found showed the green baby was smaller but the vlogger said she hadn't tried it with a brand newborn.

They both say they fit 6-22lbs but I just can't imagine a diaper fitting well on a nb and a 22lb baby. My 2year old was actually just over 20lbs at her well check in October haha

• Loading the player...
  • I found them to be too big in the legs for a newborn at first.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• The LGB is bigger. J still has gaps in the legs, and he's a big boy. The P&N fit him good, I don't use the mf inserts tho. I pad folded some flats I had cut out of a bamboo sheet and just stick those in.
    Thank you. DD has tiny legs and the OS Kawaii's we have don't fit her right in the legs and that was my main concern. I have some stuff I can make inserts out of if needed. Thanks everyone!

• Well apparently they're already sold out of every P&N except peach, which I don't want. BOO!

The one video I found showed the green baby was smaller but the vlogger said she hadn't tried it with a brand newborn.

They both say they fit 6-22lbs but I just can't imagine a diaper fitting well on a nb and a 22lb baby. My 2year old was actually just over 20lbs at her well check in October haha
    I think the PNs are supposed to be a better fit for younger babies.  I found that they fit her from 6-20 lbs.  We just retired it at 18 months.  We didn't get them until she was close to 6 lbs.  I think we may have had a couple of leaks very early on... but mostly from user error (I'm an idiot and didn't check to make sure that the insert was tucked in all the way and it wicked)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mapleme said:
    I really hope they release more stock for the Black Friday sale. When I was trying to build a cart last night before bed they only had peach and blue in the P&N, which was disappointing enough. Just peach would be pretty much undoable. Those were going to be a notable part of my newborn stash. Does anyone have another recommendation for a NB diaper that sizes up like the P&N?
    honestly, I'd wait and get more P&Ns.  Even at regular prices they are much cheaper than other AIO/pocket diapers for newborns.

• Superstash.net is having a pick your sale tomorrow through the 5th and it looks like she has P&N's in stock. Plus, her shipping is faster! Here's the sale:

For free shipping on orders over $10: SHIPFORFREE For 15% off your entire order: 4Q201315OFF For 30% (!) off CJ's Products: CJSUPERSALE

• PnNs are only $6.25 regularly, so it's not even that good of a deal. And LGBs didn't fit until the same time that OS started to fit DD.

I'm mad that the one thing I really need is some more bamboo inserts and it's literally the only thing not on sale! Pft!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I really like the P&N. They fit my LO better. He started wearing them at 4 weeks once the absorbency on his newborn prefolds didn't hold up. We like them so much we have the peach too. DS rocks the peach diaper.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We used P and Ns from the day we came home from the hospital, and LO was 6 lb 13 oz. We did have to twist the tabs the first week because her waist was too small, but we didn't get leaks except for rare user error.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image
  • get the bamboo ones. I ordered both, and the bamboo ones are WAY nicer than the regular. I didn't find them hard to stuff at all. Worth the extra few $$ IMO. Just the whole thing was nicer. The velcro, etc.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• frasey said:
    get the bamboo ones. I ordered both, and the bamboo ones are WAY nicer than the regular. I didn't find them hard to stuff at all. Worth the extra few $$ IMO. Just the whole thing was nicer. The velcro, etc.
    I had the opposite experience.  The aplix of my P&N were way better than on my LGB.  The LGB aplix curled and wouldn't stick while my P&N were in great shape.  It seems like there is a large amount of variation with the LGB because everyone has different opinions of them according to size and quality.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • huntjul said:
    We used P and Ns from the day we came home from the hospital, and LO was 6 lb 13 oz. We did have to twist the tabs the first week because her waist was too small, but we didn't get leaks except for rare user error.
    That is what DD weighed at birth. I have u/s every four weeks and he's a little bigger right now than she was but I still don't expect anywhere close to 8lbs. I really like the idea of Bamboo instead of MF but I'm sure the bigger leg gaps won't work. DD at 2 seriously has itty bitty skinny legs and I can't imagine he'll be a lot different, though I could of course be wrong. We'll used the disposables we get from the hospital and then I'd like to go to cloth entirely.

Now if Kawaii would restock and so I could order something. (insert scowling emoticon here)

• huntjul said:

We used P and Ns from the day we came home from the hospital, and LO was 6 lb 13 oz. We did have to twist the tabs the first week because her waist was too small, but we didn't get leaks except for rare user error.

That is what DD weighed at birth. I have u/s every four weeks and he's a little bigger right now than she was but I still don't expect anywhere close to 8lbs. I really like the idea of Bamboo instead of MF but I'm sure the bigger leg gaps won't work. DD at 2 seriously has itty bitty skinny legs and I can't imagine he'll be a lot different, though I could of course be wrong. We'll used the disposables we get from the hospital and then I'd like to go to cloth entirely.

Now if Kawaii would restock and so I could order something. (insert scowling emoticon here)

You could always order from somewhere like superstash.net, where you can pay less to not have an insert, and order bamboo inserts instead. I always used bamboo with my PnNs instead of the MF.

BabyFruit Ticker

• JmeJme said:
    PnNs are only $6.25 regularly, so it's not even that good of a deal. And LGBs didn't fit until the same time that OS started to fit DD. I'm mad that the one thing I really need is some more bamboo inserts and it's literally the only thing not on sale! Pft!
    JmeJme: I needed some bamboo inserts as well. But, if you do the math, you can order the bamboo minky diapers for $5 a pop & it's like getting the diaper for free since every diaper comes with 2 inserts!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"