December 2013 Moms

Depression/Anxiety Check-In *11/29/13*

Thanksgiving is a time for warm fuzzies, family, and gratefulness, but it can make everything seem even lonelier for those suffering depression and/or anxiety.

I am grateful for the support here- all my love to you ladies who are going through it.

Re: Depression/Anxiety Check-In *11/29/13*

• Luckily my trusty antidepressants are doing their job and my mood is stable, despite the disappointment of missing family today so that DH and I can both work to pay the bills. So far I am still plugging along.
  • OK, I do admit I have been frustrated with all the exhaustion I've had. I literally do nothing but sleep and work, and at work I'm all by myself. I feel very lonely. I wish I had more time to spend with my family and friends but all I do is sleep. I admit, if I did have more time it would be spent doing chores and preparing for baby so I'd still be very lonely.
  • Loading the player...
  • @mrssturm45 thanks :) did H ever apologize for being a douche??? Is he being nicer to you? Its difficult to not be hard on yourself, but its not your fault! You can't help it! I can't imagine being stuck on bed rest. Like you said the end is in sight! We are almost there!!
  • I am having a rough week. I've been crying a lot. To add to it DH has a few things that need to get done for the nursery to be done. Everyday he promises me it will be done but he works on our trying to finish our bedroom instead. I know they both need to be done but not having everything done for the nursery is giving me serious anxiety. Plus he creates so much dust working on our bedroom and his tools are everywhere so our house is a mess. I can't imagine bringing baby to a house that looks like this. The kidney stones set us back a few days we really didn't have. Plus spending my bday in the hospital passing a stone sucked. Now I am terrified of having to pass the huge stone that I still have left. The developmental ped literally told us to try stuff with DS1 that we've tried 1000 times and it didn't work. It took me a long time to convince DH to do this appt and now he's completely turned off and doesn't want to go back. Plus I'm carrying so big with this extra fluid I can't move. I am carrying what someone with twins does and I can barely move.

Ugh that was so long. I feel like a whiny baby this week. I am just so stressed.

imageimage

• @MEP923 How did I miss that it was your birthday while you were in the hospital?? Man that sucks. Sounds kinda like DH may be having his own anxiety about the baby? I.e. if he puts off doing the nursery, the baby won't come yet and he won't have to deal with any of his fears yet? Has he mentioned anything he's worried about when the baby comes?
    So sorry about all the other crap. Its like, can't you just catch a break?
    Do you cry a lot? Is it just a coping mechanism or does crying so much indicate a deeper mood issue? Forgive me, I can't remember if you are seeing a professional or not. That is certainly a lot of stress to be dealing with at one time. Many hugs and hopes that the weight lifts off your shoulders soon.
  • @MEP923 How did I miss that it was your birthday while you were in the hospital?? Man that sucks. Sounds kinda like DH may be having his own anxiety about the baby? I.e. if he puts off doing the nursery, the baby won't come yet and he won't have to deal with any of his fears yet? Has he mentioned anything he's worried about when the baby comes?
    So sorry about all the other crap. Its like, can't you just catch a break?
    Do you cry a lot? Is it just a coping mechanism or does crying so much indicate a deeper mood issue? Forgive me, I can't remember if you are seeing a professional or not. That is certainly a lot of stress to be dealing with at one time. Many hugs and hopes that the weight lifts off your shoulders soon.

I have kidney stones. I got one of them out but I still have a 1.5 Cm one. Ill go Tues to find out the plan to get it out. The pain was awful. I'm having serious anxiety about getting the rest of it out. I don't know what DH issue is. It's already frustrating to bring the baby into a house under construction but if his room is done I would feel a little better. DH just doesn't get it. I know he's working as hard as he can but its frustrating. I should be seeing a therapist but I just don't know when I'd find the time. I do take meds but I don't think it's a high enough dose. My psychiatrist told me to up the dose when I have the baby.

imageimage

• Doing okay here. Actually feeling pretty zen... just ready for the baby to come already!

DH said something stupid the other day when I wanted to take a nap -- just popped off about how it was "nice that you feel like you have time to take a nap." I ugly cried. He said he was sorry and he was just joking, but obviously it's a sensitive subject.

Can't wait to take meds after this baby is born!
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have been doing ok. Just verrrry anxious about my induction tuesday, how many visitors we are going to have, that my F is going to say I'm being selfish not wanting people over, that my insurance won't cover the induction, breast feeding, getting Christmas presents, attending Christmas, that the stress is going to cause me to start smoking again, that I won't know how to take care of LO, PPD, ect. Just really stressing about everything, obviously.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @emilysalley oh my gosh how awful!! I really hope that was a one time thing for your doctor to rush you because not only is pre-e dangerous but you need someone that is taking care of you to understand the kind of stress you are under and make sure you are ok. You are able to take your BP at home right? Much love and hugs to you, I can't imagine how difficult all of that must be on you. One day at a time <3
  • @ansleyturner and @utlawgirl glad to hear you are hanging in there. These last few weeks are rough!

@ansleyturner best of luck on your induction! I have off Sunday night and Monday night and spend all that time in bed these days, but I will be thinking of you and checking for updates Tuesday night!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"