January 2014 Moms

I'm starting to lose it. (Vent)

So in honor of not being preggo anymore I drank quite a few martini's and what not which in return made me cry hysterically cause I missed my LO. My H asked if I wanted to go see him but I couldn't let myself because I didn't wanna act like a fool in front of him. So I asked if this morning we could stay from 8-11am and he said yes but now that we're here he's complaining that he needs to get sleep before we visit his relatives that live 2 hours away. I'm not willing to sacrifice time with my son for him to sleep as selfish as that sounds. I don't see why he can't just suck it up and sleep on the recliner in the nicu. Today is surely going to be interesting if it keeps going this way.
image image
Married 8/9/13
Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image

Re: I'm starting to lose it. (Vent)

• I'm sorry you're having a tough day. I don't have any advice but I just wanted to say that I can't imagine what you're going through. I'm positive that every emotion you're having is totally acceptable! Stay strong and enjoy your visit this morning!
  • So sorry you had a rough night and are having a bad morning, hun. I agree. DH needs to suck it up and spend time with his son, or sleep in the chair. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry you're having a rough morning. I can't imagine how hard tho is for you and your DH Hope DH calms down and you can enjoy your LO.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm sorry for all that you've gone through and for what you're going through today. I understand your want/need to be with your baby today and why you might be upset at your DH. Maybe a fair compromise would be for DH to drop you off for an hour, go home to nap and pick you back up? Having a newborn, especially one that's not home with you, has to be so stressful on the both of you. Hugs! It will get better. 
    Baby Boy #2
    Due Date 11/10/16
  • I'm sorry that he's acting like that. Sometimes they need to get it together and just stop with the complaining!
    Married 3/5/11
    BFP: 6/19/12, D&C 8/23/12
    BFP: 5/17/13, Born 12/16/2013

imageimageimage
    January Siggy Challenge: When I am done breastfeeding...

• I think it's bothering me more because he got to hold him this morning and the nurse put him back in the isolette before I got a chance to hold him.
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • I had quite a few breakdowns when E was in the NICU. I'm sorry YH is being a douche. Tell him to go nap in the car while you sit with LO.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • I'm sorry that it's been such a frustrating morning for you- especially with the holidays :( Hang in there; you are such a strong momma for your baby boy! You've been put through more than most will ever experience so you deserve a chance to vent and see your LO whenever you need to. I hope your day gets better!
    Met & fell in love in '02 Married in '10
    Our first is in Heaven- we said goodbye in September 2012
  • I'm really sorry.  :(  I wish I could write something that would make things better.  Unfortunately, the NICU situation sucks and you're going to have mommy guilt no matter what because you can't be with your child 24/7 like you want to be.  Plus, seeing them all hooked up and not being able to hold them whenever you want is heartbreaking.  It'll be over soon and you'll have your little guy at home to love and hold whenever you want.  I know it seems like there's no end in sight, but trust me, after two NICU babies, there is an end and it does get better.  Big hugs to you. 
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"