Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

If you have an anovulatory cycle how does..

your period start? I am on day 68 and am getting ready to go ask the dr for some provera but I want to see if Af shows on her own. I know provera is progesterone and mimics an lp so that's how you get your AF but what about people who don't o and still get their period? What is telling their body to get their AF? This isn't a have to know question but more of a curiosity of mine. Thanks ladies and Happy Thanksgiving.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If you have an anovulatory cycle how does..

• Options
    everyone is different. Some people still have periods, even though their cycles are annovulatory. Just depends on how your body functions and what hormones are being released into your system. My doctor said likely the reason I was having periods, albeit irregular, was my body geared up to o, but never did, but enough hormones were released during that process that my body would move forward with the cycle.
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KingLEDKingLED member
    edited November 2013

everyone is different. Some people still have periods, even though their cycles are annovulatory. Just depends on how your body functions and what hormones are being released into your system. My doctor said likely the reason I was having periods, albeit irregular, was my body geared up to o, but never did, but enough hormones were released during that process that my body would move forward with the cycle.
    It's not actually a period, technically speaking.  If you have an anovulatory cycle that ends in bleeding, it's considered breakthrough bleeding.  And that bleeding then ends the cycle. 
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it might just be a mystery of life.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Ty @EllyD14 ! This was questioned on a different site and I got jumped on for stating it was not a "period". It's anovulatory bleeding which can be mistaken for AF! Lol

"A period or menstruation is the bleeding that occurs about 12 to 16 days after ovulation or the release of an egg. If ovulation does not occur, no egg is released, and hence technically there should be no bleeding at all. This is known as anovulation. In women where ovulation fails to occur because of an anovulatory disorder, bleeding can occur nevertheless. This is known as anovulatory bleeding and is not a normal menstrual period."

ETA: added the quote I had used.

~*~ TTC Baby #2 ~*~
    Me: 30 
    DF: 29 DS: 10
    Angel Babies: July, September, and December 2013

My Ovulation Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"