December 2013 Moms

Are we skipping FFFC today?

I don't know who usually starts this thread. I have a feeling it's northport who is off having a baby!!!

Let them go ladies!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Are we skipping FFFC today?

• Loading the player...
  • DH's and my whole family live within 10 miles of each other. Pure ugliness came out of my IL's during our wedding planning from Sept-May. More ugliness now as the baby is coming (stubborn assholes).

I totally fantasize that my MIL and step FIL make good on their 'no babysitting policy' and move an hour away. I also hope that FIL moves to a different state also. And, to make my confession worse, I wish DH's aunt was my MIL.
  • I'm getting really jealous of the outside babies too... Other than that, I was kinda hoping to go early like yesterday (still 37.5 weeks) so I can avoid going to family parties this weekend and next weekend :-(
  • Same confession/complaint here!  I was so surprised yesterday that few people knew December 2, my due date, was Monday.  Someone at my ILs even asked how many more weeks I have left.  Then everyone STILL says "Oh, you have plenty of time, you'll go way past your due date".  HOW DO YOU KNOW???  Please loan me your crystal ball. 

I told my husband I didn't want to mention the possible induction next week so we didn't tell anyone...I am just BEGGING this baby to come out before then.image

• I kinda wish I would have the baby asap, but honestly with all of our good friends and half of the important family {including the aunt who will watch DD} out of town, I feel bad for wishing it. LOL I mean, we have both sets of parents here right now, but the REAL important people are all traveling for the holidays.
  • Thanksgiving went pretty well except for my cousins asshole of a fiancé being a rude jerk to my fiancé. So we left and came back after they were gone. I am also jealous of all of you ladies with your babies on the outside!!! But my boy has to wait til we finish fumigating this week then I am ready enough for him. My poor fiancé is a bit worried since I am having a lot of discomfort and labor signs.... We will be apart for 3 days and I promised no matter what he will be there for the birth. Just going to be a long week... (I'm sorry this was less FFFC and more update/rant, I blame sleep deprivation)
  • Cashingn2 said:

I've thought about giving up bf'ing at least once a day bc my daughter eats like a grown man. I won't quit for a variety of reasons but it has caused a lot of anxiety.

Hang in there. It gets better. I cried everyday for the first month because I hated bf'ing so much. Don't quit on a bad day.

• My FFFC is similar to everyone else's. I secretly hope LO comes early because I just want to be done with work, but I know that's bad for her. I at least hope she comes in 2013 because DH and I are figuring out our finances and trying to see if I can stay home and return to work in August when next school year starts. The tax money we'd get in the spring would help out a lot with that.
    Daisypath - (d3qY)
    Lilypie - (ATx7)

• I am so excited to meet my LO but I have no desire to have him yet.  He's happy just hanging out and growing and I am happy keeping him there.  I think it is because I am terrified of having another c-section.  I had life threatening complications when I had DS.  I thought I had everything worked out this time with the different team, a different hospital and 5 years of mental healing.  Now that so many people are having their babies, I am becoming a hot mess.  I almost go into a panic attack every time a person says that baby could come at any time.  LO needs to stay put until 12/16 at 7:30am.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got to spend Thanksgiving with my SIL giving me her opinions on everything regarding my choices for my labor and this baby. I nearly lost it on her when she brought up vaccinations (she is anti-vax), telling me I obviously hadn't done my research and when my child becomes autistic, I'll be sorry. I didn't want to start a fight on Thanksgiving so I just walked away, which was soooo hard because these pregnancy hormones are making it very hard for me to hold my tongue lately.
  • I'm afraid that I've jinxed myself by buying my DH tickets to a college football game on Saturday. We have family in town who can watch our kids. I'm thinking that's when Nola will choose to arrive. Nothing like being 39 weeks pregnant at a college game outside! Hey at least we live in Vegas. Actually on further consideration sorrynotsorry, get this kid outta me!

• I'm with everyone on being jealous of the escaped babies. I'm due in 3 days and I want her now!!

I don't really have a confession today I just agree.

• Loolaide said:

Oh, here's a food related one. I really don't like overcooked meat, so I usually don't follow good safety guidelines. DH is oddly skittish about it (with everything but beef - he'll even eat rare burgers). Yesterday, I convinced him to cook the turkey until it was 155 (it warmed up to 160-165 after taking it out, but our meat thermometer and the recipe said 180 was the safe temperature) and it was freaking moist and delicious. It didn't even need gravy.

I also undercook chicken and pork on the regular. And eggs. Steaks too but never ground meat.

My DH is the same. I fudge the truth all the time, so he'll eat the dang food without it being all dry and nasty. I hate having to chase down meat with a glass of water.

And we only do the turkey to 165, too :).

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Loolaide said:
    Oh, here's a food related one. I really don't like overcooked meat, so I usually don't follow good safety guidelines. DH is oddly skittish about it (with everything but beef - he'll even eat rare burgers). Yesterday, I convinced him to cook the turkey until it was 155 (it warmed up to 160-165 after taking it out, but our meat thermometer and the recipe said 180 was the safe temperature) and it was freaking moist and delicious. It didn't even need gravy. I also undercook chicken and pork on the regular. And eggs. Steaks too but never ground meat.
    We took ours out at 165 and let it rest for about an hour while we cooked the sides...should have taken it out even earlier since we had to let it rest that long...it was a little bit on the drier side after the resting. Ina Garten said take it out at 165, so 180 would have been tragic!!
  • I hoping to go early because I want to be home for Christmas ( due 24th). I also don't want to share my birthday which is the 23rd. If it happens it will be okay. This is the same reason I don't want her born the 1st. On the 1st my MIL and one of the our cousins both have that birthday. So really any time between the 2nd- 22nd is when I want her to come. I know she will come when she wants and I will get over it if she shares a birthday. I just want it to be HER day not hers and other family members.
  • I don't like mashed potatoes.  Real, boxed, powdered, vaporized, whatever.  It all tastes like paste to me.
    Our family is complete!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've really been on the fence with breast feeding. I don't mind pumping, I just don't know that I want to actually breastfeed. I have no reason other than I want SO to be able to help me with feedings and be the only one feeding her. I know I'll have to pump regardless of if he feeds LO or not. I'm going to give breastfeeding a try, but i'm not too hopeful.

I feel like a horrible mom for this :(
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• zou bisou said:
    I don't like mashed potatoes.  Real, boxed, powdered, vaporized, whatever.  It all tastes like paste to me.
    I'll take them! My other fffc is I'm still eating. My family sent us home with a ton of leftovers and they are soo yummy, I could eat it all! I just finished a plate of leftovers for lunch and I'm already thinking about the pumpkin cheesecake pudding cups for dessert. 

• WTF?!?!? My mom just told me that she is coming for 5-6 days for Xmas?!?!? I distinctly remember telling her I did NOT want to host anyone for Xmas this yr! FFS! Grrrrr

• I've really been on the fence with breast feeding. I don't mind pumping, I just don't know that I want to actually breastfeed. I have no reason other than I want SO to be able to help me with feedings and be the only one feeding her. I know I'll have to pump regardless of if he feeds LO or not. I'm going to give breastfeeding a try, but i'm not too hopeful.

Don't feel bad. It's hard and exhausting. It made me so miserable last time that I've already decided to formula feed. I guess that's my FFFC.
  • rileybrownrileybrown member
    edited November 2013

I've really been on the fence with breast feeding. I don't mind pumping, I just don't know that I want to actually breastfeed. I have no reason other than I want SO to be able to help me with feedings and be the only one feeding her. I know I'll have to pump regardless of if he feeds LO or not. I'm going to give breastfeeding a try, but i'm not too hopeful.

For my first child, I was apprehensive about breast feeding too. I did it, and in the beginning, it was hard. I made many trips to the lactation consultant. In the end, for us it worked out. Despite the many, many difficulties when I started, I was a bit sad when we stopped. We went for almost 10 months...I stopped when we found out we were expecting his sister. :-)

Good luck, and whatever you decide, it will work out for you.
  • ColeRose said:

I started crying last night for about 20 minutes for absolutely no reason. At one point I was crying while DH was watching Rush Hour because I didn't understand how Chris Tucker didn't know his partner was Jackie Chan since there have been a million Rush Hour movies...it was the first one apparently. FFS keep it together hormones.

Tht happened to me yesterday, too, @ColeRose. I started in the shower, and by the time I was done and drying off, I was sobbing. DH had no idea what was happening, so I just plopped on the bed and snuggled with my Snoogle as he held my hand. I think it lasted about 30-35 minutes total.

• ColeRose said:

I started crying last night for about 20 minutes for absolutely no reason. At one point I was crying while DH was watching Rush Hour because I didn't understand how Chris Tucker didn't know his partner was Jackie Chan since there have been a million Rush Hour movies...it was the first one apparently. FFS keep it together hormones.

Tht happened to me yesterday, too, @ColeRose. I started in the shower, and by the time I was done and drying off, I was sobbing. DH had no idea what was happening, so I just plopped on the bed and snuggled with my Snoogle as he held my hand. I think it lasted about 30-35 minutes total.
    I do this about once a week. I've never cried so much in my life.
    Same here @Heaven802002 :(

You are not a horrible mom. Bf'ing isn't for everyone. I was 100% certain I was going to hate bf'ing but honestly I was surprised that I found it to be very easy (luckily DS was a champ right off the bat) and not weird at all. It was also nice to be able to have boob ready at all times and not have to get up or wait to get a bottle. Honestly I hated pumping but it works for lots of people. It's good you're willing to try but don't beat yourself up if you switch to ff'ing.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• LP0198 said:

I've really been on the fence with breast feeding. I don't mind pumping, I just don't know that I want to actually breastfeed. I have no reason other than I want SO to be able to help me with feedings and be the only one feeding her. I know I'll have to pump regardless of if he feeds LO or not. I'm going to give breastfeeding a try, but i'm not too hopeful.

You are not a horrible mom. Bf'ing isn't for everyone. I was 100% certain I was going to hate bf'ing but honestly I was surprised that I found it to be very easy (luckily DS was a champ right off the bat) and not weird at all. It was also nice to be able to have boob ready at all times and not have to get up or wait to get a bottle. Honestly I hated pumping but it works for lots of people. It's good you're willing to try but don't beat yourself up if you switch to ff'ing.

That's why I'm going to try going in with an open mind even though I'm not sure about it. I figured I might be surprised and like it.Thanks for the input.
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• M&H2011 said:
    KateMW said:
    Loolaide said:
    Oh, here's a food related one. I really don't like overcooked meat, so I usually don't follow good safety guidelines. DH is oddly skittish about it (with everything but beef - he'll even eat rare burgers). Yesterday, I convinced him to cook the turkey until it was 155 (it warmed up to 160-165 after taking it out, but our meat thermometer and the recipe said 180 was the safe temperature) and it was freaking moist and delicious. It didn't even need gravy. I also undercook chicken and pork on the regular. And eggs. Steaks too but never ground meat.
    We took ours out at 165 and let it rest for about an hour while we cooked the sides...should have taken it out even earlier since we had to let it rest that long...it was a little bit on the drier side after the resting. Ina Garten said take it out at 165, so 180 would have been tragic!!
    Have you tried cooking it breast side down and flipping it at the end?  Some people flip a turkey for the last 1/2 hour to brown the breast area for presentation.  The breast stays so moist.  I cook all of my turkeys and roast chickens that way. 
    For me, this was just a whole breast. It was fine in the end, but I should have taken it out when I thought I should...not when the recipe said. I know enough about it to trust my judgement and I didn't! But DH just had a turkey sandwich, so I know it was good.
  • shoeflypieshoeflypie member
    edited November 2013
    zou bisou said:
    I don't like mashed potatoes.  Real, boxed, powdered, vaporized, whatever.  It all tastes like paste to me.
    I'm a potato queen, always have loved them. But in doing paleo, I add 1 head of cauliflower at the end of boiling. Then, because DH is dairy free, I use the immersion blender with olive oil, salt and pepper. They're light and amazing and I can't eat regular mashed potatoes anymore. In my defense, my pap told me that the best mashed potatoes he ever had was in Italy and all they used was olive oil.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"