August 2013 Moms
Options

Clean eating

Has anyone tried clean eating? Or are clean eaters? I want to know your experience with it and how you started. I'm sure it seems like it would be simple, but going from eating everything you want to cutting back on all that is difficult I'm sure. Recipes?
photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif

Re: Clean eating

• Options
    I recently subscribed to the Clean Eating magazine. There's also a lot of recipes on the website.
    TMI- but after throwing up all weekend from a very unhealthy early Thanksgiving meal...fresh, healthy eating it is!
  • Options
    I've been a clean eater for about a year.  I eliminated any foods that are processed or refined; so no pre-packaged food.  I will tell you making the transition from how you eat now to clean eating is tough...for me, I didn't realize how much processed & refined food I was really eating.  But, after a couple of weeks, I noticed I just felt better.

One word of advice, allow yourself a cheat day each week to eat anything you want.  This will help with not feeling so deprived.  If you do give yourself a cheat day, you'll also notice you feel like dog chit the next day, as your body will be used to clean eating.  It kind of makes avoiding the processed/packaged/refined crap that much easier.

You may also want to check out 'Eat To Live' from Dr. Fuhrman & 'Body For Life'.  Both books changed my life.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image mother quotes photo: love mother 132.gif

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I follow a blog 100days of Real Food- she has amazing recipes for clean eating but I must admit I don't really follow the diet yet, following the blog makes me feel like I'm making a healthy choice so I'm basically lying to myself :^o
  • Options

I've been a clean eater for about a year.  I eliminated any foods that are processed or refined; so no pre-packaged food.  I will tell you making the transition from how you eat now to clean eating is tough...for me, I didn't realize how much processed & refined food I was really eating.  But, after a couple of weeks, I noticed I just felt better.

One word of advice, allow yourself a cheat day each week to eat anything you want.  This will help with not feeling so deprived.  If you do give yourself a cheat day, you'll also notice you feel like dog chit the next day, as your body will be used to clean eating.  It kind of makes avoiding the processed/packaged/refined crap that much easier.

You may also want to check out 'Eat To Live' from Dr. Fuhrman & 'Body For Life'.  Both books changed my life.

A cheat day would be good! I know I'm probably not the healthiest eater at the moment. I had GD so throughout my pregnancy I was eating super healthy,
    Now I'm not lol.

Thanks ladies. I'm going to use mr.google to find some yummy recipes
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

• Options
    edited November 2013
    I've been clean eating for about 2 months now. The transition is tough but I lost quite a bit of weight and I feel so much better. I plan to continue and once LO starts eating solids we will make his purées (no jar foods whatsoever).
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @californiadream87 making your own baby food is soo much better than store bought. I have an awesome recipe book for it 'blender baby food' by Nicole young. I tried the cauliflower broccoli and cheese one and it was so good... Ok, maybe I tried it twice

@katies7 I love peanut butter :(( I'm sure I'll survive though :-<
    ~may siggy challenge~

• Options
    @californiadream87 making your own baby food is soo much better than store bought. I have an awesome recipe book for it 'blender baby food' by Nicole young. I tried the cauliflower broccoli and cheese one and it was so good... Ok, maybe I tried it twice @katies7 I love peanut butter :(( I'm sure I'll survive though :-<
    I'm not trying to be snarky, this is a legit question, but why can't you eat peanut butter when eating clean? If you buy the organic ones is just peanuts and salt. If you can't eat salt, you can buy the salt-free ones which are just peanuts. I ate a TON of PB when I was prego (due to GD) and I thought it was pretty healthy. 

• Options
    @KatieS7 Yes, that was my go-to twice-daily GD "snack". I could only have 1 piece of toast though. 

• Options
    @LJUTCmommy I loved cheese on toast. I pretty much had that everyday for breakfast :)
    ~may siggy challenge~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"