Success after IF
Options

Guilty complaint *long*

So I remember back when we were in 3T or the IF boards we always said we'd never complain about our children, how we'd love sleepless nights cuz we'd have kids etc etc.

I just need to vent a little, I'm feeling very overwhelmed. Hannah is having another sleep regression, awesome... BUT to make it all the more worse. I think it's b/c of a growth spurt, I say that b/c all she wants to do is NURSE. Holy smokes, I haven't nursed her this much in a long time. And she only wants me, my hubby tries to snuggle with her in the evening and not happening. She only wants to either cruise around, which doesn't help her go to bed on time. Or she wants me to hold. her. Normally I wouldn't mind, but I've got so much going on/to do before Christmas. I used to love that Hannah wanted to see daddy when he got home, now it's like "nope, mommy only".  It's very exhausting being the only one who can do something with the baby. I look forward to hubby being home so I can have a little break and have adult time. And since she's not sleeping, she's up later cuz she won't go to sleep, she just stands in her crib crying and won't lie down. So we try to put her down asleep, and she frequently wakes up as soon as we put her in the crib. And if she does fall asleep in the crib it only lasts a few hours. So at 1:00am when she's standing up and screaming, I pick her up bring to her to my bed, nurse her, try to put her back in her crib, not happening. I end up kicking DH out of bed so that at least we all can sleep. It's so not ideal. Please tell me it gets better. That she will eventually want to go to my hubby again.
Diagonsed PCOS TTC since May 2009
First M/C December 2010 Second M/C August 2011
Oct 2011~Second round clomid 50 mg; BFN
Nov 2011~Third round clomid 50 mg: BFP
Dec 11- Beta #1 91;Dec 13- Beta #2 186.2
Dec 27- third miscarriage
May 25th- Beta #1 369;May 27th- Beta #2 798
Baby girl born Jan 23, 9lbs 3oz, 21 1/2" long
May 27th-Beta #1 80; May 29th- Beta #2 304; May 31st- Beta #3 860
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
BabyFruit Ticker
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Guilty complaint *long*

• Options
    Hugs. My LO has gone through phases like this and it does get better. Sleepless nights and being the number one caregiver 24/7 is so exhausting. Hope this passes soon. Hang in there mama.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sorry robeano. With littles, just remember that almost everything is just a phase, and this too shall pass. I know it's a bad time of year for it, but in a few months H will be like E and you can't get her to cuddle for anything. Too busy playing. GL, I hope it passes soon and you get some rest. Big hugs!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with MrsLee04 - totally unrealistic to say you will never complain. It is such a challenging job to be a parent especially when there is lots on your plate before the holidays. This will pass - we've been through spurts like this over here too. Something I always try to remember is that LO will be 15 in like a minute and so I just try to trudge through the challenging time and just make the most of when he wants to snuggle with just me. Gotta live in the moment while they are so little because time marches on! It will get better, and things will turn around! Hope you are able to get some rest and find some peace soon! 
    TTC since August 2009
    Clomid for 6 cycles starting August 2010- O but no BFP
    SA Septemeber 2010 Looking good 
    HSG September 2010 All clear 
    1st RE visit May 2011 - IUI#1 June 20, 2011: BFN
    IUI #2 July 31 2011: BFP - m/c @ 5w1d
    Surprise BFP on a break cycle 10/4/11, Due June 4, 2012, Born 6/9/2012
    TTC Blog
    TTC#2 : Cycles 1-3 Protocol 1500mg Metformin Daily, Femara + Ovidrel, Progresterone support 
    HSG#2 November 2013 All clear
    Cycle 4 Metformin, Femara, Bravelle, Ovidrel, Progesterone = BFP
    Little Lady Born 8/28/2014

"There is a design, an alignment, a cry of my heart to see, 
    the beauty of love as it was made to be"
    Mumford & Sons
  • Options
    ((Hugs)) just because we went through a ton to have our Littles doesn't mean we can't get frustrated like every other parent! I have not been through this yet, but each rough patch seems to a phase. I try to keep the 'this too shall pass' idea in mind when we are in a rough patch. I hope you all get some sleep and some alone time soon :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Options
    Don't feel bad hon! It is so hard when you're not sleeping! It does get better, but that doesn't help when you are in the middle of it. Sleep is such an elusive thing when you have a baby, but you will all figure it out together and you will sleep again. (((((Hugs)))))
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    Hugs! I feel your pain. J is cutting tooth #6 and she started waking up at 8:30, then 9:30, then I don't really remember because I had her in the bed and she kept crying and eating. don't feel guilty about venting for being tired and exhausted. Hang in there!
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Options
    Don't feel guilty! We've all been there. It is rough to be the one who is needed. They do grow out of it, but that doesn't make being in the thick of it easier.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Going into infertility as a mother, I knew there were going to be times of utter frustration no matter how wanted and loved my next baby was.  That's being a parent and normal.  So, big hugs to you there.

As for the sleep, yea, it can be so rough.  Maren has been really back and forth with her sleep and with each growth spurt and big teething push she is much like you describe, standing up in her crib and screaming until someone comes to get her.  I don't nurse though so she seems equally happy with either daddy or mommy.  I can tell you this though, my others weren't quite this needy if that is the right word so not only will she grow out of it but if you ever have another that baby might be completely different and sleep right through teething and growth spurts (if we could all be so lucky.)

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options

((BIG HUGS)) mama. No matter how easy or how difficult your road to motherhood was, being a parent is hard. Period. You are "allowed" to feel frustrated and shouldn't feel guilty for it (I know, much easier said than done).

DS1 went through phases where he ONLY WANTED MOMMY ALL THE TIME, but they always passed. DD is going through a super mommy phase right now, and when I get tired of all of the extra cuddling with her and want to actually get something done (like make dinner, change DS2, pee, breathe.....) I get incredibly frustrated. This too shall pass. I promise. Hang in there!  

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• Options
    As usual, I agree totally with @itsmevkb!  They all go through phases and they are all different.  DS never slept, no matter who was with him ;)  DD#1 needed mommy all the time, but would go right to sleep if she was in our bed with me when teething or growth spurt.  DD#2 is a mix of the 2 - she will eventually go to sleep in our bed after some ibuprofen while teething, but only after a little while of yelling and fighting sleep like DS.  Just when you think you have it all figured out, they switch it up on you!  Good luck - lack of sleep is painful whether you have had IF or not.
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"