Success after IF

Happy Friday! Plans for the weekend?

Happy Friday!  I hope you all had a good week and a nice T'giving (those who celebrate it).  Who has to work today???  How was your T'giving day/meal?

I know there are quite a few sick babies here, so I'm sending them get well wishes. GL to those TTCing.  T&Ps to those who need them.

Safe travels to the ones on the road this busy weekend.

What are your plans for this weekend?  Who is traveling?  Who is going shopping?  Who is just relaxing after a busy week?

QOTW: Black Friday - yay or nay?
TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Happy Friday! Plans for the weekend?

• On wow, I totally forgot it was Friday! I'm off today, yay! We are going to a gtg at MH's cousins house tonight, then SIL, bil, and their little boy will stay with us the rest of the weekend. Saturday we are having family over to see the new place. And hopefully Sunday will be relaxing.
    QOTW: no way. I'm already not a big shopper, and also hate crowds so bf shopping is a no go for me.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Thanksgiving was ok food was ok not great. We are staying home, this morning I popped into carters and got LO a sleep sack I was kinda pissed that carters didn't have a better sale even $9 for one of their super thin rompers is ridic to me. We are currently at frozen Lo's first movie:)

Tonight dinner at the great grandparents then hanging out hoping to get rid of our colds. I swear the whole family just keeps passing then around.
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• Loading the player...
  • Thanksgiving was nice, just a small crew at my parents house, had some good grub then were entertained by the antics of LO. I volunteered to help out with our black friday opening at 8pm last night so I was working from 8-midnight, it went well, people were nice, and I got paid time and half! 

The rest of the weekend I have to work, but luckily the pharmacy at a retail chain isn't the place most people shop. No black friday deals on meds! So it should be pretty good weekend. 
    TTC since August 2009
    Clomid for 6 cycles starting August 2010- O but no BFP
    SA Septemeber 2010 Looking good 
    HSG September 2010 All clear 
    1st RE visit May 2011 - IUI#1 June 20, 2011: BFN
    IUI #2 July 31 2011: BFP - m/c @ 5w1d
    Surprise BFP on a break cycle 10/4/11, Due June 4, 2012, Born 6/9/2012
    TTC Blog
    TTC#2 : Cycles 1-3 Protocol 1500mg Metformin Daily, Femara + Ovidrel, Progresterone support 
    HSG#2 November 2013 All clear
    Cycle 4 Metformin, Femara, Bravelle, Ovidrel, Progesterone = BFP
    Little Lady Born 8/28/2014

"There is a design, an alignment, a cry of my heart to see, 
    the beauty of love as it was made to be"
    Mumford & Sons
  • ccamccam member
    edited November 2013

I'm "working" today :(  Thanksgiving was good, super fast though.  And a very non-traditional meal, which is kind of disappointing.  I think one weekend soon, I'm going to do a turkey and all the traditional sides just for us!

This weekend, we don't have much planned.  So I'm hoping we can put up the Christmas tree and maybe I'll get a little shopping done.  Oh and I have to get Christmas cards ordered this weekend, for sure!

ETA:  QOTW:  Yay to Black Friday!!  Not so much for the sales, but for the tradition.  Besides this year, I used to spend every Black Friday shopping with my Mom and sisters.  We were never up super early or anything, we probably were there after all the serious shoppers left.  I love the craziness of it all and I feel like it just sort of starts off the Christmas season. 

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• RobeanoRobeano member
    edited November 2013
    No Thanksgiving here. But I did have my last class for cake decorating yesterday. That was fun.

So this weekend, today I dropped Hannah off at my MIL's, she's there right now. I just really needed a break and she's been asking if I can bring her by more often. Happy all around. Tonight is just hanging out with my hubby. We've been super busy all week with parties, classes, practices that a night in sounds really nice.

Saturday I want DH to fix our Christmas lights outside, then we are going to see Catching Fire in the afternoon. Sunday is church, and we have our Christmas breakfast. Then to my in-laws for my FIL and my nephew's birthday party.

QOTW: Nay to Black Friday. I just can't handle it. Same reason I don't do Boxing Day sales in Canada (same kind of thing). I don't know, maybe it's the crowds, maybe it's the greediness of people. I just don't like it. I mean the fact that people get hurt or killed just makes me shake my head.
    Diagonsed PCOS TTC since May 2009
    First M/C December 2010 Second M/C August 2011
    Oct 2011~Second round clomid 50 mg; BFN
    Nov 2011~Third round clomid 50 mg: BFP
    Dec 11- Beta #1 91;Dec 13- Beta #2 186.2
    Dec 27- third miscarriage
    May 25th- Beta #1 369;May 27th- Beta #2 798
    Baby girl born Jan 23, 9lbs 3oz, 21 1/2" long
    May 27th-Beta #1 80; May 29th- Beta #2 304; May 31st- Beta #3 860
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm off today, even though I'm off thurs and fri since I'm only back to work part time, but DH is off today too. No major plans this weekend. LOs home health nurse is coming tomorrow to give her the second Synagis shot. Otherwise well just hang out. I think mil is coming to visit today since we didn't celebrate thanksgiving with them.

QOTW: Not this year! I went last year for the first time and had an absolute blast!! It was craziness, but I got some good deals and really just wanted to go for the experience. I did go out Wendesday night and took advantage of the Carters sale and also Target for a Baby Einstein jumper thing.
  • We had a nice T'giving - went to DH's family and then stopped in to see my parents.

This weekend we plan to do our Christmas decorating. I'm excited to get started since it's LO's first Christmas! DH's parents are coming over tomorrow to keep her while we decorate.

QOTW: yes - a little. DH was a total rock star and went to Best.Buy last night to get me a Mac.Book pro!! Yayyyyyyy!! We went back today and he got a couple of things. Now we're on our way home and who know what we'll do!

Hope y'all have a great weekend!
    MF (low motility) - Began stims for IVF#1 7/21/12
    ER 8/2/12 - 14 eggs retrieved, 12 mature and ICSI'd, 6 fertilized. ET 8/7 - 2 embies. Beta#1 8/17: 143! Beta#2 8/20: 590! Beta#3 8/22: 1,162! 1st US 9/4: one beautiful little bean with the best sounding HB I've ever heard!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• DH & I hosted T'giving for the first time ever.  We used to travel to ILs' in Connecticut, but they finally sold their house and moved out closer to us last week.  They have gone a major downsizing too.  Since they had just moved, we offered to host T'giving.  Not sure if MIL is ready to pass the torch to me at this point; OTOH, I think she is happy not to have to cook everything on her own and deal with the clean-up/leftovers.  It was a meal contributed by everyone, and it was quite a success.  My first time roasting a turkey and it came out pretty good!  

Tomorrow we may go out for lunch, but otherwise just staying in and relaxing.  Sunday afternoon I'm going to a concert so DH & M will be having some "man time."  M has been a total Mama's boy for the past many weeks and I feel bad for DH b/c he works all day long and when he comes home, M is still clinging to me.  I think some 1:1 time for the 2 of them will be good.

QOTW: nay to Black Friday.  And not really crazy about cyber monday either.  Have checked my email inbox and none of the deals are that great.  In any case, when we need to buy something, we just go ahead and buy, rather than waiting around for sales or deals..

• QOTW: I don't ever do Black Friday shopping. The day after thanksgiving is all about eating leftovers and laying on the couch with a blanket or a warm sleeping baby this year.

Thanksgiving was nice and quiet with just our little family this year, but I missed all my relatives.

Not too much planned for the weekend. I am supposed to go to a infant massage class tomorrow w Baby I, but my car battery that I just had replaced died, so I might have to deal w that instead.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• We are the ILs right now (and I'm hating every minute of it). We will go to my parents tonight and have Thanksgiving lunch tomorrow with my grandparents. DH was on call all week so we post poned our celebrations.

No work for me, I'm a teacher and had Wednesday-Sunday off.

No Black Friday for me either. I don't do big crowds like that and it's not worth it to me.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• We had a nice dinner at our house last night. My parents, brother and a friend came to eat.

I went to target this afternoon after the craziness died down to score a good deal on my secret Santa stuff :) and grab a few things for J. 

Tomorrow is my bday! DH is going to rise with J so I can sleep in (yay!). Having a holiday weekend bday is crappy, but I'm just going to hang with my family. 

Sunday we are putting up the tree and having family pics taken!
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• We had as nice of a thanksgiving as I could have expected. Everyone loved O and I was trying to be less crazy about other people holding him. As long as I was in sight, his stranger danger stare was not seen.

I went to staples today for a new cordless phone but only because mine died.  I also snuck into the craft store so that I could do that Pinterest Christmas ornament where you put in the newborn hat and hospital wrist bands in to put on the tree.  It came out so cute!  I'm all about internet shopping this year (and every year!)

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Happy Thanksgiving weekend, everyone!

We are getting up at the buttcrack of dawn to go to a bar to watch the Ohio State Michigan game. Then later we are having a scotch tasting party. Then I have to set up all my Advent decorations (and buy a wreath.)

QOTW: I don't do Black Friday, but I did go to a local children's store and an antique store. We're on the hunt for a new china cabinet.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Tomorrow is my bday! DH is going to rise with J so I can sleep in (yay!). Having a holiday weekend bday is crappy, but I'm just going to hang with my family. 
    Happy Birthday!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"