April 2013 Moms

broccoli and cucumber

DD is starting to become picky with her veggies. Give her sweet potatoes, avocado and she will go crazy. We tried carrots, squash, and greens beans and you would've thought we were feeding her a turd by the reaction we got. Well, went to the store last night, grabbed new veggies to try. We got butternut squash, broccoli, and a cucumber. Well I looked on the baby food website, and broccoli and cucumber aren't recommended until 8-10 months. It says it causes gas and can be harder to digest. She's 7.5 months but I think I'm worrying too much. Have any of your LOs had broccoli or cucumber? And How did they react? TIA!

Re: broccoli and cucumber

• I think those were both two of her first foods. They're both easy for BLW. The cucumbers get cut into spears, and the brocolli gets steamed. I haven't noticed that they made dd3 more gassy.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Rhys loves broccoli,,and he had it starting around 6.5 months.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies so much! This makes me feel so much better. This FTM thing makes me triple guess everything!
  • My DS loves broccoli. I just make sure it is fully cooked and reasonably soft.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • I've never noticed a difference when I've given them.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Those were two of our first foods as well and we had no issues.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Thanks ladies!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"