December 2013 Moms

Early early labor

So I had mild but steady contractions for 4 hours last night...they have dissipated now. Based on what I've read, this could mean baby could come today or even a week from now. Has anyone had a similar experience? My family is in town until Sunday and I wouldn't mind baby staying put until they leave. I just don't want to be thinking about if they are taken care of while I am laboring.

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Early early labor

• Yeah it's really not a good indicator, sorry :/  I mean you are SO CLOSE it could be any day now regardless of your contractions, so just hang in there!!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been having contractions (some very consistent four hours) for the last few weeks... It really could be any min now, or still a week... Just depends if your body is ready or not. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had regular contractions multiple times & it turned out to be nothing. I think you'll know when you're in labor.

• I've had them on and off for a few weeks. It doesn't necessarily mean anything. When I was in the hospital my contractions were about 20 min apart but they didn't think much of it. It could mean your labor is starting though. You'll know as time passes.

imageimage

• I've been having contractions for weeks which is so frustrating. I hope in your case you have baby soon. I'm now banking on going past my due date.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh me!  Started losing my MP last Thurs, and went from 1cm dilated/not effaced/-2 station last thurs to 3cm dilated/50% effaced last Monday and from Tuesday on I get periods of timeable contractions between 4-5 min for a few hours every night... then they go away and I go to bed.  Prodromal labor sucks!
  • This has been happening to me once a week for 2-3 hour periods for 3 weeks now and no baby.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for sharing your experiences, ladies! I'm actually relieved to know LO may be content to bake a bit longer:)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This pregnancy and last I had several times with ctx every 3 or so minutes, lasting a minute for around an hour, all starting at like 35 weeks. Last time I delivered at 39.3....not really a good indicator of real labor!
  • Story of my life since Sunday night!!! My contractions got as close as 6-7 minutes apart lasting about a minute each. They went away Tuesday after taking a Ambien to try and rest. They have been on and off since then. These babies will just come when they want I guess!
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • Add me to that list. Been having on/off contractions for a week or two. Last night was the worst though- lasting a minute or over each time with 3 minutes appart. Oh the pain! Wake up with no labour/baby, but with a fluey ache from the waist down. I really thought it was starting last night :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"