December 2013 Moms
Options

Giant baby!

It can't be good when the U/S tech says wow he's huge! Wait how far along are you!? Seriously she kept referring to him as a moose! Oh lord give me strength lol. Today LO measured in the 95th percentile. The U/S lady also predicted that I will have him atleast 10 days early. No real point to this post other than the fact that I'm freaking out just a little bit. Andplusalso I now want to panic eat ALL the chocolate!

Re: Giant baby!

• Options
    Hope he doesn't have antlers. That would be uncomfortable to push out.
    Maybe she means Jared Padalecki size ;)

OP, I feel ya.  At my appointment yesterday my LO was measuring 42 weeks, I'm only 35+5.  I just keep reminding myself that the measurements can be way off!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't had a growth scan but my doctor (and the others I am meeting as I rotate) always make sure I know they think we are having a rather large sized baby.  Definitely not something I want to be hearing and I am working really hard to tell myself that they are just going by feeling and fundal measurement which don't have a lot of merit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    They say it can be off by a pound. Well, they were off on my son by 2 pounds 6 oz. (said he would be 8 and a half he was 6.4.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Haven't had a single growth scan. At this point I'm just hoping it's a baby in there.
    Daisypath - (d3qY)
    Lilypie - (ATx7)

• Options
    Unfortunately, the growth scans at this point are very rough estimates. I believe @ktrue85 was told she was having a giant baby and all that too but he was a little guy! Don't freak just yet... :)
    I was having a giant baby who was under 7lbs the day we left the hospital.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. Antlers would definitely suck. LoL I posted this between my ultra sound and my ob appointment. When I got into the OB's office she brought up GD again. I had been tested with a 1 hour and failed but only by a little. Then I ended up doing two three hours. She said I had passed but now she's saying that because the babies belly measured at 39 weeks and the rest of him measured on track at 35 weeks, that I might actually have GD but she didn't mention testing me again. She just wants me to cut out ALL THE CARBS. She gave me a free pass for tomorrow though because I may have ugly cried if she said I couldn't have any carbs at Thanksgiving. 
  • Options
    I always measure on track for fundal height at OB, but my growth scan (at midnight Wednesday-grr) showed the baby measuring a week ahead. He is estimated at 7.5 lbs. I have 2.5 weeks to go, so I hope this is an overestimate!
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Well my OB appointment was Wednesday and she said he was looking like an 8lb'er. Arrived yesterday 9lb 6! Was not expecting that! But did it, he's here. First baby so I have no basis for comparison for littler ones which is probably a good thing :)
    you'll be right
  • Options

I was told 8lbs at 36 weeks. So yeah, I hear ya on the giant baby worry.  DD1 was 9lbs at birth and this kiddo is shaping up to be 10. o_O

And also, does she really want you to cut all the carbs? None of the GD ladies (myself included) have been told that, and cutting out all carbs is really dangerous.  We were all given limits (i.e. 30 or 45g PER MEAL) to stick to and if the sugars were high with those limits, it generally means meds, not cutting out all the carbs. You need your carbs!

Yeah she said it would be best to just my carbs out for this last month to be safe. No talk of meeting a nutritionalist no meal suggestions. At first when she said baby was measuring 39 weeks and I need to really watch what I eat I said okay so avoid all desserts and snacks and stay below X number of calories? She said well no it's really more about the carbs. Just cut those and you'll be fine. I'm supposed to start tomorrow. I figure I'll give it a week and see if it reflects at my next weigh in on Wednesday.
  • Options
    I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead (fundal height) and baby is measuring 3 weeks ahead (according to ultrasound measurements)...they are predicting a 9 or 10 lb baby. Even with all of that there was no talk of changing my diet or cutting carbs or watching what I eat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"