December 2013 Moms

Sh*t my family says

Ok so we all those family members who just have to say something stupid when we all get together. Let's hear them?
Three of my family members would not stop talking about how huge I am. They kept touching my belly and saying it has to be twins and your having this baby today!! Um no I'm not due for another month thank you. Had I not focused on the pumpkin cheesecake I would have snapped.

Re: Sh*t my family says

• Loading the player...
  • LP0198 said:
    My dad told me I was looking very "round" today and that I looked like a baby Orca. Yes, naming a specific whale and saying baby makes it better asshat!
    At least baby orcas are cute? Sorry though, I am sure you don't look like any kind of whale.
    image  image

Lilypie - (Xzno)
    Lilypie - (WIG0)
  • I got "You've gained some weight since I've seen you last" as I arrived and "Bet you can't button your coat" as I was leaving.

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • hjweber said:
    I got "You've gained some weight since I've seen you last" as I arrived and "Bet you can't button your coat" as I was leaving.

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
    I can't  :(
    image  image

Lilypie - (Xzno)
    Lilypie - (WIG0)
  • My grandmother told me that it would be really convenient for the baby to come Saturday.. Convenient for who may I ask? You ain't doing crap.
  • My aunt lifted up my long sweater because she wanted to see how big my butt has gotten. Wtf?
  • My aunt lifted up my long sweater because she wanted to see how big my butt has gotten. Wtf?

Whaaat!!?! Lol I would have been like is anyone else seeing this? Is this really happening? Lol people are crazy.

Whaaat!!?! Lol I would have been like is anyone else seeing this? Is this really happening? Lol people are crazy.
    Yes it really happened. I am sooo tired of people ugh! This was just the icing on the cake today.

• "You have to have a csection? Oh dear, you don't want that..."

DS #1 born 12.3.13
    BFP #2 09.21.14 EDD: 06.06.15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • LP0198 said:

My dad told me I was looking very "round" today and that I looked like a baby Orca. Yes, naming a specific whale and saying baby makes it better asshat!

DH's nickname for me during this pregnancy is "whale," but it doesn't bother me at all yet, and he knows where the line is at which point it would bother me (weight gain-related). But if any one else were to make the mistake of comparing me to a large animal, you bet I'd be angry!

Sorry your dad didn't think before speaking!

Jill (36) Wife to Joe (36) Mom to: Alyssa (forever 10) Jacob (10) Baby Due 12/31/13 Pregnancy Ticker

• "You have to have a csection? Oh dear, you don't want that..."
    That... is not super helpful.
    image  image

Lilypie - (Xzno)
    Lilypie - (WIG0)
  • My inlaws asked me last night when baby is due. I reminded them Dec 19 but I could go anytime. They sooooo already know this and have committed to watching DS when labour happens. So FIL says to MIL "see, I told you we could have taken that vacation"
    What. The. F??
  • "You're naming her Carys? Shouldn't that be spelled with an i instead of a y? You know everyone is going to get that wrong."

STFU. We're spelling the name properly. I'm not going to misspell the name to make it easier for you to understand. Yes, I'm aware people will mispronounce it frequently. Get over it.
    imageimageimageimage
  • My stepdads family is awesome and didn't say anything offensive today. :) my mother however; doesn't understand why I'm so tired and doesn't understand why I can't sleep at night. She could sleep, she had tons of energy! Ermagerd!! Ma STFU
  • LP0198 said:

My grandma saw me struggling to get out of a really deep cushy chair and asked if I felt like a beached whale.

• DHs grandma..so how much weight have you gained?? Umm I'm not really worrying about the weight gain as long as my doctor isn't...oh, but how much?? Ya, I'm still not really keeping track, sorry. Wtf DHs grandma!!! Mine would have NEVER asked me that at the dinner table or at all! None of your damn business (even though I do know) so rude and I don't care old you are, that's rude to ask! Ughhhhh! Ugh, ugh!

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 

• My stepdads family is awesome and didn't say anything offensive today. :) my mother however; doesn't understand why I'm so tired and doesn't understand why I can't sleep at night. She could sleep, she had tons of energy! Ermagerd!! Ma STFU

My MIL is the same. I am convinced she was never pregnant, and DH was raised by wolves.  She always gets so confused when I tell her I'm tired. I'm 9 months preg, of course I'm tired. OH AND I HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD.

I have a 2yo too :) and a 7yo
    I was 10 when mom was pregnant with my brother. I recall lots of couch time. I think her memory is a little off haha

• My mother is the only one who has been saying weird things. She asks me every day how I'm feeling. I've been feeling good and this is a much easier pregnancy on my body then my first one was (I gained a lot less weight) so I tell her " I'm feeling good!" She looks at me and says "well usually your back should hurt and you shouldn't be comfortable" Duh mother, obviously my back hurts but it's no reason to complain. She also told me not to pick up my 2 year old because something can happen? I love her but she really doesn't remember being pregnant
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • KeenanshellKeenanshell member
    edited November 2013
    My MIL said I'd gained weight in my face and asked if I'm sure im not having twins within 2 mins.

My grandma on the other hand just says, "how's that lovely belly doing?" She's so sweet x
  • My dad poked my back fat roll that has made an appearance right near my bra line..., three times. No comment, just poked it....as soon as he got to my house. And my mom couldn't figure out what made me so stabby.
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It wasn't a family member but I did have a random lady ask me when I had my last "girly" cause she could figure out my due date for me like I might not have realized I was pregnant or have no idea when I was due!
  • Missykisses85Missykisses85 member
    edited November 2013
    My mom says im being dramatic for telling her if Ruby comes late after her due date of 12-16 i might not be up to christmas around two families and kids under the age if 4 with me just having a baby and breast feeding.

"Noones going to get the baby sick melissa dont be ridiculous"

Eta my nephews are sick every week
  • I guess I'm lucky MIL had triplets, so I seem small.
  • My mom says im being dramatic for telling her if Ruby comes late after her due date of 12-16 i might not be up to christmas around two families and kids under the age if 4 with me just having a baby and breast feeding.

"Noones going to get the baby sick melissa dont be ridiculous"

Eta my nephews are sick every week

I think that's totally rational. We decided to skip traveling to DH's family this year because it would be too much, too close to edd and because every year someone is sick (typically DH's little cousins). MIL said it was ridiculous for not going based on people being sick. Well guess what both DH's little cousins are sick and my FIL. MIL better realize when she gets back she's not coming to see us until a week grace period has gone by (she gets sick every year after Thanksgiving as does everyone else).
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"