December 2013 Moms

Archer's Birth Story (MM, loooonng)

Hey ladies, sorry I've been MIA for a few days but it's been a rough run. Huge thank you to @Ktrue85 my AMAZING LB for keeping you updated, and special shout out to her awesome hubby who took over baby duty with little Jack so that she could put all her focus on receiving and reporting updates. So here's the full story on the last couple days, filling in some of the gaps and updating on what has happened since Archer's birth.

Tuesday morning I went in for my 37 week check up (at 37w3d). I was feeling awfully nauseated but I have been on and off for most of my pregnancy so I just chalked it up to that. Everything was looking great as usual and Dr. still felt Archer was head down waiting to come out. My nausea worsened over the morning and by early afternoon I was vomiting periodically. Shortly after I started getting severe diarrhea and cramping to go with the vomiting and as it progressed the cramps started feeling like contractions but they weren't easily time able. Mr.MM and I waited until about 6:30 when I had been in a lot of pain and still getting sick for over 3 hours, it didn't seem like labour but it didn't seem right either.

When we got to the birthing unit they put me in triage to monitor the baby and my "contractions" to get an idea of if I was in labour or what was going on. At first everything seemed pretty normal but after another violent bout of vomiting Archer's heart rate suddenly dropped to almost non existent. A few minutes later he had normalized again, and then suddenly his heart rate sky rocketed to the 190s. The on call OB checked my cervix and I was still completely high long and closed but something wasn't right so they brought in an u/s and discovered he was breech. The OB decided something just wasn't right and they were going to get me in for an emergency c-section immediately.

The following time was kind of a blur of getting immediately stripped by a room full of people, epi inserted, and baby delivered before I had a chance to process he was coming. What I didn't know at the time and found out later is that, upon extraction, Archer had his cord wrapped around his neck not once but twice and had flat lined. They rushed him out before Mr.MM and I had any idea what was happening and, thank god, a NICU nurse was able to resuscitate him.

Following the c-section I was put in recovery, and then an isolated room as they still weren't sure what caused my illness and if I was contagious. Mr.MM spent a great deal of time doing skin to skin with Archer in the NICU that night and working on his recovery from all the fluid left in his lungs by his untimely extraction.

The following morning (yesterday) everything was looking good, I was doing better other than my battle wounds, and Archer had recovered enough that he was discharged into our room from the NICU and I spent the day bonding and soaking him in after having him taken away from me so suddenly. However, at around 7 or 8 that night the nurse came in to give Archer a bath and as she started showing us was to do I began to shake uncontrollably. Out of no where my temp hit the roof, as did my blood pressure and heart rate. I became so feverish I was delusional and hallucinating I'm told. It was a rough few hours before my temp came down enough with meds that I was lucid. I remember one moment where I woke up long enough and disoriented enough, worried about if my baby was sick too, that when I saw my dad standing over me (he was visiting) nearly in tears and shaking his head I went into hysterics thinking I had lost my baby.

Since then Archer has continued to get stronger and I'm slowly on the mend but in rough shape trying to recovered from some sort of suspected flu virus in quarantine (yes I did get my shot) on top of a c-section and the sleep depravation of taking care of a newborn. Mr.MM has been a wonderful support through all of it and is helping nurse us back to health, but we'll be in the hospital until, at minimum, Saturday morning. Please keep us in your thoughts in prayers as it's been a rough couple days and we're not fully out of the woods yet.

Sorry for the novel, squishy baby pics as a reward.

BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~

Re: Archer's Birth Story (MM, loooonng)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"