Success after IF

Bathing with adults

My DH is driving me nuts about the baby bathing or showering with my sisters and mother he thinks only parents should do it. I grew up in a family of all girls to this day we shower and bath together so I don't think anything is wrong with it he grew up with all boys is this why he thinks its strange?
What do you think how do I explain to him ?
6 m/c
Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
Dec 12 Humira
Jan 2013 BFP
Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

Re: Bathing with adults

• We have our nephews bathe with DS. Ages are 7, 3, 2. Probably wouldnt have any adults but dont see anything wrong with the kids when they are little.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ruthie04Ruthie04 member
    edited November 2013
    I probably would also have an issue with DS bathing with anyone other than DH or me. And, in all honesty, we wear bathing suits whenever we do it. I grew up in a family of all girls, but never bathed with my sisters (they were already in late elementary school and past the bathing together stage and I can't even remember a time when I would have seen them without clothes). I'd be okay with the boys bathing with preschool aged relatives, but that's about it. But, you should know that I worked in foster care for a LONG time and I've seen too many "innocent" bath time stories to be comfortable with adult or older child nudity and my boys. My SIL thinks I am a little paranoid (and she is probably right), but that's what works for us.
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Loading the player...
  • I had friends that were twins that continued to shower together in high school. But then it became uncomfortable for them. I have to say I also wouldn't be comfortable having my LO bathing with anyone over the age of about 7 except DH or myself. I recognize every family has different values but based on that I can see where your DH is coming from.
  • I grew up with 2 sisters and once we got past the whole bathing part, we never showered together.  So I can see where your DH is coming from.  We don't bathe with DS, but if we did, that's as far as it would go.  We'd be the only adults to bathe with him.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Honestly, I agree with your dh. I do think it is a very personal decision though. No matter what I think this is one of those situations when if your dh is not ok with it I think you have to respect his wishes.
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • I think it's fine for small children who are siblings to bathe together and parents with their children under 3, but that's all I would be comfortable with.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• CarrieB. said:
    I think it's fine for small children who are siblings to bathe together and parents with their children under 3, but that's all I would be comfortable with.
    This exactly for me too.  But that's how I was raised so I'm sure that has something to do with why I feel that way.  
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• LuluPMWLuluPMW member
    edited November 2013
    How the individual child feels should be considered as well.

Edit: grammar and frustrated on my mobile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"