April 2013 Moms
Options

Pumpkin puree

I just made my yummy cheesecake pumpkin pie. I used a can of Libbys pumpkin. I was wondering since I had some pumpkin leftover if I could give it to DD. I make all of her food but was kind of unsure about it. For those of you who make your LOs food, would you give it to your baby?

Re: Pumpkin puree

• Options
    You might want to double check me on this but I'm pretty sure aluminum cans have a plastic coating on the inside which can have BPA. If you worry about that sort of stuff..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would! 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    rgrundon said:
    My wholesome baby food book suggests it. .. if you don't want to make your own. (Not the pie filing, just the plain pumpkin. )

This, the pie filling has too much sugar too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I fed Libby's canned pumpkin to Zane twice. Pumpkin is the only ingredient.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    wendalsue said:

I fed Libby's canned pumpkin to Zane twice. Pumpkin is the only ingredient.

Yeah I noticed that it was the only ingredient too. It says 100% pure pumkin. Its 4g sugar for 1/2 cup but she'll only have an ounce and I'll probably mix in some formula to thin it out some.

Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    I've given Libby's pumpkin to DS. It's his favorite purée with a little cinnamon.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    Well I used a ready graham cracker crust because my 7.5 month old is very "I need to be held 24/7" but I throw 2 softened 8 oz. packages of cream cheese in my mixer with 1/2 cup sugar. Cream together then add in 2 whole eggs and 1 tsp of vanilla. Spread half of the mixture in the crust. Then add 1 cup of pumpkin purée, 1/2 tsp cinnamon a pinch of nutmeg. Mix again then add to the crust. Bake at 325 for 35-40 mins. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. For the whipped topping... 1/2 pint of heavy cream 1/4 powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla. I refuse to eat store bought whipped topping since I started making this recipe.
  • Options
    Oops. Yes 1/4 cup of powdered sugar. Sorry!
  • Options
    Homemade whipped cream is the absolute best! I use homemade vanilla extract, too.  It is much cheaper and much tastier than the store bought.
    And a little rum or bourbon in it is quite tasty too ;-)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Oops. Yes 1/4 cup of powdered sugar. Sorry!
    Homemade whipped cream is the absolute best! I use homemade vanilla extract, too.  It is much cheaper and much tastier than the store bought.

I've never had homemade vanilla extract. Will you share your recipe? Pleeeeeaassseeeee ;)
  • Options
    @cece2682 they look so great. Why don't we trade? My recipe for one of your mini pumpkin cheesecakes? Lol send it on over ;) I'm glad you like it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"