Adoption
Options

How to start BM letter

The only two things we have left to complete our profile is our BM letter and pics of our nursery (which is being painted tonight).  How did you begin your letter?  I know that you aren't suppose to address it "dear birthmother" considering she isn't technically a BM until she signs over rights after birth.  So how else do you begin? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: How to start BM letter

• Options
    Hi you know its funny we wrote ours last week and the salutation was the HARDEST part.  I left it blank went on to write the letter and finally went back to it.  The best I could come up with was Dear Friend......hookie I know but for the life of me I could not come up with anything else.  GOOD LUCK and hey let me know what you decide on.
  • Options

I was going to say "Well, first of all, don't say 'Dear Birthmother!'"  LOL  :)  But you obviously already knew that!  ;)

We actually started ours "Dear Friend" as well.  It just felt "right."  It actually came to me one night while doing dishes, and I couldn't get that out of my head, so that's what we did.  I've seen a lot of "Dear Expectant Mom/Dad/Parent" and just as many "Hello!"/"Hi!"/"Greetings!" type intros.

It's awkward, because you are writing a stranger.  As much as you can, just let it "flow" from your heart and let your own personality come through.  That's what she is looking for anyway, you know?

As my husband said many times while I stressed over our letter and profile, "It will be perfect to the person it is meant for."  He was right, and yours will be, too.  :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Our agency suggested dear birthparents but then I read the mixed opinions about that so we nixed it. We finally settled on an opening statement like "Hi and welcome to our profile" rather than an actual greeting. It works with the way our profile is set up. I think the profile/letter has been the hardest thing and that took us the longest!

• Options
    Ours starts off with "Hi!  We are Wendy and S....thank you for reading our profile."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We started ours out "Hello from David and Erica"  To me, Dear Friend was a little off, since really she isn't a friend and it seems odd to say that to someone who isn't....but that's my quirk. And we signed it "Warmly,"

We have a synopsis of our letter on our web site (growuploved.com) Feel free to check it out.

Erica

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"