February 2014 Moms

Hitting the clinic after 48 hours of heck - wish me luck *UPDATEZ*

edited November 2013 in February 2014 Moms
I've now had severe diarrhea for 48 hours, while barely managing to eat anything without severe cramps the whole time. I'm a horrible mess, so I'm finally hitting the clinic - I'm drinking water, but it just shoots right through me, so to speak. I'm a little freaked out.. they said they may just admit me to the hospital since I'm expecting. 

I know bouts of the runs are common with pregnant women, but this bug is awful and never-ending and I'm scared for LO :-( Wish me luck!  
UPDATE! [ACK, sorry for the wall of text.. It didn't include my paragraph breaks!!] So I go in to the clinic last night, and the doctor is like: "29 weeks pregnant, raging watery diarrhea, severe intestinal cramps, no food for 2 days and dizzy? Oh, I'm calling the hospital." Yoikes! Fast forward to a few hours later and I've got my own room (And bathroom, thank the lord), am hooked up to some magic machine that monitors baby's every moment, am on fluids, and all kinds of tests. I've never been hospitalized before, so this was pretty whirlwind and mind-blowing for me! Good news: baby was sluggish, but otherwise happy and living off my reserves. Yay! More good news: they ruled out scary stuff, such as appendicitis and a list of other potential super-baddies. Yay! Poopy news: (lol) it's a gastrointestinal bug from hell and now I'm grounded until it starts to improve, and if it doesn't, I'm expected back in there tonight, because Baby needs his eats, dang it. Yeek. I'm SO glad I got my depleted arse off the couch to go get checked out. Here's hoping that everyone's able to stay a little healthier than this sicky for the holiday season!! (Oh, but I did get my first wheelchair ride of my life last night, haha.. at first I felt pretty self conscious but you get used to it awfully fast, lol. Thanks everyone for your kind words!!)

Re: Hitting the clinic after 48 hours of heck - wish me luck *UPDATEZ*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"