April 2013 Moms
Options

Another solids question...

How many ounces/tablespoons a day is your little one eating? And how many meals a day now?

My LO is not one to turn down food, so I am just wondering if I am giving her enough.

Re: Another solids question...

• Options
    I do not know the ounces because we are doing a mix of BLW and some purees. 

I feed him at least once a day now, most times it is twice a day morning and evening. He has not turned down any type of food so far either.

Honestly, I think you are the only one to make that judgement if your baby is getting enough to eat or not. Some require lots of food while others do not.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD eats 3 times a day. I offer 2 tablespoons (if its the stuff I made, 2 ice cubes - if it is bought, about 1/2 a jar) and she usually finishes but not every time. Plus small chunks of whatever we are having.
    Plus she pounds the water! She loves her sippy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are BLW but she eats quite a bit. We started 3 solids a day last week
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We feed table foods but he will usually eat them when I eat, so 2-3 times/day
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    The babies are not gluttonous.  If they are hungry, they will eat.  If they are full, they will stop. They have not learned to eat for emotions, etc. just quite yet.  If she is hungry, I would feed her.  Regardless of what others do. 

Happy baby-belly-filling! :D

As someone whose baby would just eat and eat and eat if we let him, I kind of disagree. Once he starts to slow down, we stop feeding him. Even when he is nursing I always have to pull him off when he slows down or he would just nurse forever.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"