December 2012 Moms

Nothing says Thanksgiving...

...like projectile vomit. 

Sorry, but I'm still in shock at how much...um...stuff can come out of such a little person. My only concern is that he got a flu shot yesterday - so maybe some sort of reaction? He was fine all day - a bit picky eating, but nothing crazy. I have a call in to the doctor, but I hate bothering them on a holiday. Ugh!

Guess we're not going to celebrate with our family tomorrow. DH is making a last minute run to Trader Joe's to get us a few Thanksgiving foods. At least I was assigned to bring pie, so we have a ton of dessert here?

Hope everyone else's Thanksgivings go as planned! 

Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Nothing says Thanksgiving...

• Not fun. I'm sorry, I hope it's just a sucky side effect. Let us know what the dr says, and don't feel bad it's what they do.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • The "on call doc" just called back. Said it sounds like a virus, but we should watch him overnight. 
    I forgot to mention in the previous post that he also has hives on his ankles. So strange. 
    Hopefully we'll all get some sleep tonight... 

• Loading the player...
  • I feel your pain. That was us a few weeks ago. As DD was starting to perk up, I got sick. It was so bad I had to have DH come home from work to take care of DD because I could not. Then, the next morning he got it. It was horrific. I hope you can avoid what we went through!
  • Oh no! I hope he bounces back soon. Take it easy and hopefully you'll have a good day anyway. 
    photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We're enjoying the latest round of daycare crud... DD was home part of last week, then I felt bad last weekend, and now DH is pretty miserable. I think DH is going to miss Thanksgiving with my parents actually. :( It'll be my first time traveling with baby alone, so here's hoping.
    @minervacullen - How are the roads on the lakeshore?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• we stopped making plans outside of the house after us getting sick at TG three years in a row.

Hope your LO feels better soon & it doesn't spread to the rest of the family.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We're enjoying the latest round of daycare crud... DD was home part of last week, then I felt bad last weekend, and now DH is pretty miserable. I think DH is going to miss Thanksgiving with my parents actually. :( It'll be my first time traveling with baby alone, so here's hoping.
    @minervacullen - How are the roads on the lakeshore?

The main roads are fine, but the back roads are pretty slippery.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Well, we made it through the whole night without any more puking. A lot of wakes ups, but he settled himself every time except once. 
    And he kept down some pedialyte and a rice cracker this morning. We moved on to banana and cheerios, and a little formula. So far, so good!

DH just mentioned to me that he and his mother are both allergic to penicillin. Hmmmm...this would have been good to know BEFORE we gave LO a 10 day course of amoxicillin. That could explain the hives - I guess they can have a delayed reaction their first exposure.

Oh well - happy Thanksgiving!

• Boo to that!! The vomiting over here was DH....I guess I should be thankful it wasn't the babies!!

Sorry about your LO being sick, and I hope he feels better soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"