Infertility

New Member, 1st IVF Cycle *Child Mentioned*

LuckyJuJuLuckyJuJu member
edited November 2013 in Infertility
Hello Ladies, 

Happy Almost Turkey Day (or low sodium ham day!)

My DH and I are currently in our first IVF cycle and I can't concentrate at work today so I'm lurking around forums and thought I'd just share out my experience so far. First, we have Male Infertility (he has less than 1Million swimmers). I have two children from my first marriage and had no issues. I am 36 though! My last AMH was 2.0. 

The doctor did a blood test on my vitamin D levels and my count was 10. So she had me start Vitamin D at the same time as the bcp. +5,000 mg daily of Vitamin D
My husband (who does not know anything about his biological heritage) had a universal genetic screen. He tested positive as a carrier of Smith-Lemli-Opitz. I had to go in and have my blood drawn again to do the genetic screen on mine to see if I'm a carrier of that as well. I'll find out my results next week. 

I am under the long lupron protocol. I started orthocept bcp on CD1 which was 11/6/2013.
I had a nasty migraine on 11/12/2013 with right eye aura. Migraine continued on the 13th. Had a fresh migraine on the 14th with left eye aura. At that point, I was pretty concerned with starting the Lupron. My doctor said it was likely due to the birth control and the vitamin changes. 
On 11/19 I had the first Lupron shot. And yeah, I felt not so good. I have a pretty much constant headache and the first few days I swear my eyes were having difficulty focusing... but it has gotten better. 
Today was my baseline ultrasound and 9th day of Lupron. My uterine lining is 3mm and no cysts. I don't know my Estradiol yet today, but the nurse expected it would be satisfactory given my u/s and the fact that I've been suppressed since the first day of the cycle. 
I'm supposed to start Stims on Friday. I'm taking Menopur and Follistim. I'm scheduled for my next E2 on Monday and next U/S next Wednesday. 
I'll be using a 10,000 Unit HCG trigger. 
We are also using ICSI. 

My sonohystogram in April showed that I have stenosis of the cervix and they mentioned an ET afterload... does anyone know what that is? I forgot to ask. 

SO... I'm really nervous. I really want everything to go well! It's nice to meet you all. 

M:36/DH:43
DD#1:16/DD#2:13
TTC: since 08/2012
IUI: met with clinic 01/13 - due to SA results - straight to IVF
IVF Cycle 1: Long Lupron Protocol with fresh transfer and ICSI
Baseline U/S 11/27/2013 - Lining 3mm and good to go go stim action!

Re: New Member, 1st IVF Cycle *Child Mentioned*

• Ooooh, I do apologize if I may have inadvertently upset anyone. I didn't realize what some of the other forum boards indicated and just went straight to infertility! What kind of warning would be appropriate to place in the subject, just so I know? And I'll go check out the other board too. I may just lurk more here and interact there. I'm glad you shared that with me now instead of later!

• Hi @LuckyJuJu, Welcome. I am so sorry you have to be here. I wish you the very best in your first IVF cycle, hopefully that is your last!
    Me: 35  low AMH, normal FSH
    DH: 31 Fair DNA fragmentation test :( Normal SA
    TTC: since March 2012

09-21-13 start IVF #1
    10-04-13 ER 6 eggs, 6 mature, all 6 fertilized. 3 frozen
    10-08-13 fresh transfer canceled due to high progesterone
    waiting for FET
    10-18 started BCP
    10-29 baseline appt scheduled
    11-20 scheduled date of FET #1
    12-2 BFN :(

3-1-14 moving on to the next step. Switched RE. going to plan 3 IUI cycles while saving for IVF#2

April 2014- IUI#1  BFN
    May 2014- IUI#2 BFN
    June 2014 IUI#3 BFN

Taking a break for a while, focusing on our wedding.

Sept 24th missed period! Surprise natural BFP
    10-15-14 first ultrasound
    06-05-15 EDD

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome and I'm sorry you are here! Lupron gave me bad headaches too and major hot flashes....but it does get better! I understand being nervous...I'm not sure that ever goes away. As far as the shots go, we ice the area before giving the shots and I find this helps some what. My DH gives them to me which I think may help too. Don't be alarmed but the menopur tends to burn a little after you give it. Goodluck with everything!!
    2013- 2 IVF cycles with PGD to prevent genetic disorder from being passed on. Both BFFN :(
    2/2014 pregnant!  EDD 10/17/2014

All always welcome! :)
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic  Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was also going to tell you that you can join the winter wishes group. It's those of us doing cycles during December. :)
    2013- 2 IVF cycles with PGD to prevent genetic disorder from being passed on. Both BFFN :(
    2/2014 pregnant!  EDD 10/17/2014

All always welcome! :)
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic  Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi Taylor, 

Oo, thanks for the recommendation to the winter wishes group. I'll go find that so I can lurk there too! My DH gives me the shots too. I just am such a wimp about doing it to myself. Anyway, he's started treating the syringe like a dart because he thinks the fast swift movement will be less painful for me... however, I'm not too sure about that. I definitely think I'll have to ice the area when I start having three shots a day. 

I've had injections of valium before and whoa nelly does that stuff burn like crazy. If Menopur isn't as bad as that, I'll be fine. If it is as bad or worse then my husband is simply going to have to suffer with my whining and complaining. :D

• Thank you for being so understanding about the warning. You seem like a sweetheart, so I hope you stick around. The winter wishes is still on this board, but you'll see a thread posted with that title every few days. Jump right in!

I just finished my first IVF and am right there with you on DH giving the shots. My bravelle burned more than menopur, but my nurse suggested to ice before too and then heat after and that helped.
    Pregnancy Ticker

TTC #1 since June 2012
    Me (28) - DOR (AFC <10, undetectable AMH, >10 FSH), homozygous E429A MTHFR
    DH (29) - MFI low count and morphology

September 2013 IUI#1 - Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    October 2013 IUI#2 - Letrozole + Menopur + Trigger + IUI = BFN

Nov 2013 IVF/ICSI #1 - Protocol: BCP prep, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (12 days), ganirelex
    Results: 5 retrieved / mature, 4 fertilized, 1 arrested and 3 complex abnormal after day 3 PGS = Cancelled after ER
    Jan/Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #2 - Protocol: Estrogen priming, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (11 days), microdose lupron
    Results: Cancelled after 11 days of stims due to low response and E2 levels
    Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #3 - Protocol: No prep, low dose Menopur (6 days), ganirelex, Bravelle booster with trigger
    Results: 1 retrieved / 0 mature = Cancelled after ER

Officially moving on to embryo adoption! We used and love Embryo Adoption Services of Cedar Park
    October 2014 FET #1 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    December 2014 FET #2 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    March 2015 FET #3 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    May 2015 FET #4 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, lost 2 to thaw, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    October 2015 FET #5 - Natural cycle, lost 1 from match #3 and 1 from clinic backup to thaw, transferred 1 backup, BFN
    February 2016 FET #6 - Natural cycle, transferred 1 from match #4, B FREAKING P!
    Beta 1 = 162, Beta 2 = 316, doubling just over 48 hours

• Welcome and sorry you find yourself here. I'm on the same protocol this cycle. Lupron is evil (I was on it for 4 weeks because it stimulated me first instead of suppressing me) but the headaches did get better...I am only on 5 units now and get a headache once every few days. Menopur burns like crazy and there is no way around it! I do that one in my thigh because it seems a little better than in the stomach. A little warning too, the menopur ;150 units) always seem to give me a nice lump that I need to rub out...I'm only telling you this because the first time it happened I freaked out and thought I messed things up! Good luck girl! I hope this is your one and only cycle!
    TTC 2 years- Me and DH (28) with (severely) low sperm count- less than 40 total (last 2 SA showed only 5 and 6 sperm each)
    IVF #1: ER 1/23/13- 4 eggs retrieved, 3 eggs fertilized; ET with 1 embryo 1/28/13 2 frosties beta #1 2/5 was 4.8- beta #2 2/7 3.5; BFN
    FET #1- transferred one beautiful 4AA embie. Praying this is my take home baby. Beta 5/7/13- BFFN!!!
    IVF #2: ER 7/17/13: 6R/3F- transferred 1 blast and 1 10 cell embryo 5dt.   Beta hell.  #1 2.5, #2 2.2- BFFFN! REALLY?
    IVF #3: ER 12/1 and only 2 retrieved.  1 fertilized with ICSI.  Was planning on transferring one fresh and one frozen....fresh was only 14 cells at day 5...CANCELLED and devastated due to 5cm blood filled cyst in ovary and blood in uterus.
    IVF #4: Antagonist protocol with endometrial scratch day one of stims.  ER 4/21: 6R/4M/3F- transferred 2 beautiful blasts (5dt) and one was hatching!  No frosties but hoping we won't need it!  Beta 5/4/14- 444(8dp5dt), Beta #2 10dp5dt 1002!  THIS HAS GOT TO BE IT!!!!!!!!!!  First US 5/15 we saw two of the most beautiful gestational and yolk sacs I have ever seen!  
    ****FINALLY PREGNANT WITH DI/DI TWINS!!!!!!!  

BRINLEY AND RILEY LONG.  Born November 20, 2014 at 32 wks 3 days.  4lbs7oz and 4lbs5oz.  1 month NICU time for "B's" and growing and feeding.  Now healthy, thriving, beautiful little girls!
     imagehttp://i62.tinypic.com/2dl9ap0.jpgpghttp://oi61.tinypic.com/o7t1y0.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"