December 2013 Moms
Options

For those of you already dilated...

Do you 'feel' dilated? Or effaced for that matter? What I mean is did you or do you feel different then you did before you were dilated at all?

At my 37 week appointment last week my doctor said my cervix was "doing nothing". I'm hoping that on Friday this week I get different news... But I feel nothing. No contractions, no cramps, nothing. Any chance I just can't tell??

Sigh... This baby is *never* going to come out!!!

Re: For those of you already dilated...

• Options
    I have been 3 cm for a couple weeks now and don't feel any different.
  • Options
    I have been 4 cm dilated , 80 % effaced for two weeks now. I didn't necessarily feel that but I have been having BH and menstraul like cramping. Also a week ago my cervix was really far back and now it has dropped or come forward. I've also lost my mucous plug. I did not feel anything other than what I just said. I'm due Decrmber 4 th which is a week away and I think I might go beyond that date even though I have so many signs . Just a feeling though .
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    4cm 80% effaced, had no idea till my cervix check. I feel no different. Occasionally get a contraction. Maybe once or twice a day.
    Welcome Lily Anna!
    photo 1456712_10152106342897743_1211250038_nTB_zps917a6c9a.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 2cm and 50% effaced and I don't feel any different. I am having a lot more contractions the last few days.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options
    I'm a little over a cm dilated and about 50-60% effaced. I believe I can tell when the Effacement is happening. The contractions are different.

• Options
    I have no idea if I am dilated as my MW doesn't do checks until 41 weeks but if I remember from with my son I never felt any different.
  • Options
    I feel tons of pressure, have painful contractions all the time but I'm only 1cm. You can't feel it
  • Options
    I never felt diff other than babies head putting pressure and for both previous preg when I got checked I wasn't at all dilated in advance . My body just decides when it wants to go into labor with out warning. So everyone is diff and same with this one I'm almost 38w and there's no action going on or indicating labor but you never know ;)
  • Options
    I feel like LO is super low and I get cramping and BH several times an hour every day. This has been happening for several weeks. Had my 39w appt today and I'm still not dilated at all. So, based on other comments I'm reading - looks like you can't tell. But you're not even 38 weeks yet, so no rush!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    On Monday I was 1cm but still super high. I feel no different. Unless you are very dilated and the baby is down in the birth canal you most likely aren't going to feel any different
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I know I'm not even full term yet... Just anxious! Ready to meet LO! :-)
  • Options
    I had my first cervix check this week at 35w5d and I am 2cm dilated with a softened/short cervix and LO is engaged (honestly if she had given me an option I probably would've declined the check.) Until my appointment I had no idea as I haven't had but a few BH so I really didn't expect anything either. I'm glad things are moving on along but LO can definitely stay put until at least 37w, after that she can do whatever she pleases.
  • Options
    I've been having periods of timeable contractions (every 4-5 min for a few hours and then they peter out) for the better part of a week.  However, this was the same when I was 1cm/ not at all effaced as when I was 3cm/50% effaced... the biggest difference was I started losing parts of my mucus plug when I actually started dilating and effacing.

I think effacing is a better measure of how close you are to labor.  FWIW, I'm a STM and contractions have been my norm for quite a while now...
  • Options
    I am 3 cm dialated as of last week tues. And don't feel any different than I have for weeks... I don't think I have dropped. Just very large with a very large baby. 38weeks and change.
  • Options
    Been 2cm and 90% for two weeks. Sometimes I feel like I can tell my cervix is mushy (for lack of a better word), but could be all in my head!! Bedrest will make you overanalyze everything!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"