Toddlers: 24 Months+

Protocol for birthday gifts for twins!

We are going to our friends birthday party and the boys (twins) are turning 2! What is the correct thing to do? Get them each the same gift? Get each one a different gift since they have different likes and dislikes (one is really into music the other is more into cars and airplanes). Curious how to handle this, and any recommendations for gifts would be great. Or is there something I can get for the two of them to use? Looking to spend under $50 total for both. TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Protocol for birthday gifts for twins!

• I'd do a different gift for each kid. What is the use of two of the very same thing in the same house?
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • I always buy my twin nieces two different things. They have very similar interests so it usually ends up being two things that they will both use.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • My brothers are twins, and most of the time, people would bring two gifts that were similar, like two GI Joe toys, for example, but not label the bags so they could pick one. They both got toys that they eventually shared, but got to open what they wanted to open. Just an idea.
  • I'm going to a twin's party this week (boy and girl). I got them a "band set" with a drum, tambourine, maracas, etc. That way they both can play at the same time, but have some variety, and it's gender neutral. 
  • That music sent is awesome.... Where did you find one?
  • as a Mom of twins- a 2 yr old probably will not notice if you give one shared gift however older twins will - two gifts are always a good idea since they are two separate children- it can be two things from one set split and wrapped separately but the idea of "he got more than I did" or the fighting over whose the present actually is does not happen.

• I went to my friends twins party. I got them both outits. Different tops and but same leggings in different colors. I also got them each an activity book (one got Mickey and Minnie and the other got princesses) and they each got their own different card
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"